Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas

I am not 100% sure but I believe the first props, including Guns and Spinners, used on the set were all 3D printed. The failure of the props on set, cheap printing material and constant breakage, was one of the reasons The Prop Shop was forced to closed down last summer. This info came from former employee at Disney at Star Wars Celebration this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not as sexy as the firearm discussion, but...
From a conversation I was part of this afternoon, plus a little regarding book props from the film (in still photos, anyway), and in the second short film.

Pale Fire
by Vladimir Nabokov. This edition shown is the ISBN 9780399504587, 1980 edition.
http://anadearmas.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=55799&fullsize=1

The Power and The Glory
by Graham Greene. Shown in the Nowhere to Run short. The opinion shared is that is a mock up. I did a LibraryThing cover search and wasn't able to find it amongst the 72 covers on record there, so I'm onboard with that idea. I was hoping for an even sharper screen cap than Buch was able to acquire and share, but I think what I've included here is no better than his good work. He was first to point out the interesting cover art. Very late '60s or early '70s vibe. That or a 1980s book of the month club edition...
002.gif

https://rickhoward.smugmug.com/Blade-Runner-2049-Screen-Captures/i-jDdntLN

My opinion is that the font on this cover is Eloquent JF Pro Italic https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/cbx-jukebox/eloquent-jf-pro/italic/

https://www.wired.com/2017/09/behind-the-scenes-blade-runner-2049-sequel/

"For 2049, Harlocker and his team fashioned an exact replica of the iconic original. They tracked down the blaster’s owner, a collector who’d snagged it at auction. He flew the sidearm to LA, where they meticulously photographed and measured every inch. They reverse-engineered three identical copies, using parts from the same revolver and rifle vintages as the original, then distressed them to look timeworn. “We went to incredible lengths to make sure what we put in Harrison Ford’s hand was something he recognized.”"

Well that doesnt jive with what we heard about them modifying a Tomenosuke...

blade_gallery8-1.jpg

Now that we've finally seen the reverse sides, I'm kinda disappointed the new blasters are symmetrical : /

So far pretty much all of my favorite quirks of the original blaster have been left behind.

Liberated some pics from the WIRED article.

Attachments

• blade_gallery4.jpg
    blade_gallery4.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 536
  • blade_gallery3.jpg
    blade_gallery3.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 771
  • blade_gallery2.jpg
    blade_gallery2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 669
  • blade_gallery8.jpg
    blade_gallery8.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 536
  • blade_gallery9.jpg
    blade_gallery9.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 621
Just found this after memorizinbwhat it said on the box, snatched the only one I saw on eBay. Once I get it, we’ll have exact dimensions for the photo inside. But it says it’s about
4.5" X 2.75" X 0.5"​

4A77EFC8-407A-4C8B-AE84-B895CD2E8BD4.jpegFE1DA20A-EE69-4951-9835-46E0E9F8B42F.jpegCCC1F720-4944-45D2-A756-67D983892BD3.jpeg

4A77EFC8-407A-4C8B-AE84-B895CD2E8BD4.jpeg

FE1DA20A-EE69-4951-9835-46E0E9F8B42F.jpeg

CCC1F720-4944-45D2-A756-67D983892BD3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found this after memorizinbwhat it said on the box, snatched the only one I saw on eBay. Once I get it, we’ll have exact dimensions for the photo inside. But it says it’s about
4.5" X 2.75" X 0.5"​

View attachment 764050View attachment 764051View attachment 764052

This prop also stood out to me. But we need to get some screen grabs somehow so we can be sure of the design and dimensions. There are many similar variations made by this manufacturer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty confident these are the right colors and details, but yeah my memory isnt perfect.

Also found the source photo used for this in print quality. Crazy enough, this was in one of the trailers.

attachment.png

Attachments

• Harrison Ford d 01.jpg
    Harrison Ford d 01.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 715
I was going to pass on the wooden horse because some people said it was $11 to ship but I went ahead and bought one and it was only $7 shipping. Can deal with that for a static prop. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back