Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas

Spotted by a dude on Reddit: plate holder for an oldschool camera.

MmXOnun.jpg

Thought you guys would like to know for trivia's sake.

View attachment 786064

Also trying to track down the bag, best thing ive found is a chinese knockoff of the 5.11 headrest pouch, but it still dosnt look 100%.

The pouch is a tactical medical drop front pouch by the looks of it. I would need better photos of the front but i sourced a few for a project last year that were similar made by Vanquest. The placement of the zip pull on the side of that one seems a little different from the ones i have seen. The metal grommets in the molle strapping on the sides might not be on the original as I havent come across that before. I expect that the production department added them.

It looks something like this as I remember:

https://store.itstactical.com/its-eta-trauma-kit-pouch-tallboy.html

(edit) I think the zip is partially undone which was what the zipper pull looked like it was half way down the pouch.

Last edited:
The pouch is a tactical medical drop front pouch by the looks of it. I would need better photos of the front but i sourced a few for a project last year that were similar made by Vanquest. The placement of the zip pull on the side of that one seems a little different from the ones i have seen. Plus the metal grommets in the molle strapping on the sides might make it easier to identify too as i havent come across that before and I doubt that the production department added them.

It looks something like this as I remember:

https://store.itstactical.com/its-eta-trauma-kit-pouch-tallboy.html

The vanquest has 3 pals strips on the side not 2, its way off. The ITS is close but the pals are too high, and I agree grommets had to have been added with the split key ring on the zipper.

The vanquest has 3 pals strips on the side not 2, its way off. The ITS is close but the pals are too high, and I agree grommets had to have been added with the split key ring on the zipper.

Yes you are right. It's definitely not one of the wider 'Fatboy' style trauma pouches anyway as its more the size of the thinner 'Tallboy' looking at pictures from another angle. I just took some measurements in illustrator and if the knife is 155mm (if the 2049 edition is actually the same as the one used in the movie) that means the height of the pouch is around 225mm (around 9 inches). So that's the same size as the ITS one.

(Edit) I just put the photo of the ITS next to the photo of Sappers pouch and blew them up to the actual size and the webbing straps on the side are in exactly the same place.

Last edited:
Yes you are right. It's definitely not one of the wider 'Fatboy' style trauma pouches anyway as its more the size of the thinner 'Tallboy' looking at pictures from another angle. I just took some measurements in illustrator and if the knife is 155mm (if the 2049 edition is actually the same as the one used in the movie) that means the height of the pouch is around 225mm (around 9 inches). So that's the same size as the ITS one.

(Edit) I just put the photo of the ITS next to the photo of Sappers pouch and blew them up to the actual size and the webbing straps on the side are in exactly the same place.

The tallboy might just be it, I kinda want to pick one up but its nicer than the HSGI IFAK currently on my shooting rig so it seems kinda a shame.

Edit: Looking at my pic again you can definitely see the velcro from the top, but you also see some zipper that IC ant trace the origin of. There also looks like a patch, but not the red one that comes with the ITS but that can be swapped.

I wonder if I emailed them if they could tell me if they used it or if they signed a NDA.

Maybe. I know some film companies get me to sign non-disclosure agreements when they use my stuff. Might be worth a shot. I did a search just to see if I could find any mention by them of it being one of theirs but I couldnt find anything.

I am itching for the blu-ray now to see if there is a better shot of what the front looks like

Maybe. I know some film companies get me to sign non-disclosure agreements when they use my stuff. Might be worth a shot. I did a search just to see if I could find any mention by them of it being one of theirs but I couldnt find anything.

I am itching for the blu-ray now to see if there is a better shot of what the front looks like

The photo I posted was a still from the digital version...I couldnt see much better than that. Ill shoot them an email.

edit: email sent! Gonna be embarrassing if im wrong :)

Last edited:
Seems to be another rare one :rolleyes

From the research I did it appears to be a double plate holder for a 9x12 format camera. I only found that by cutting the top off the image above and doing a reverse image search on Google and finding some pics from that photo session. I found only one other image from a long expired ebay search.

Out of interest, this one, from SDCC, is basically the the same thing, different model. Easily available on Ebay, and cheap. I picked one up because it's a cool item even if it's not in the film. It's a Linhoff 9x12 double plate holder.

22256496_10214574409618552_2589260771441344181_o.jpg

Anyone find any of these?

View attachment 786229

OK Guys I have been trying to find a decent copy of Pale Fire for ages but they are as rare as hen's teeth over here and good copies go for loads of cash, so using the reference material available I have re-created the cover to fit as a sleeve a currently available version.

This is the version I have used now from Penguin Books.
DSCF1322.JPG

With my sleeve it is turned into this.

DSCF1323.JPG DSCF1330.JPG DSCF1328.JPG DSCF1326.JPG DSCF1325.JPG

I have just folded it as a loose sleeve but it could be stuck on if preferred. The graphic I used is attached below if this might help anyone. I printed it on to A4 photo paper using a size setting of 101%, which seems to work best. Hope it helps you guys.

Graphic2.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF1324.JPG
    DSCF1324.JPG
    617.8 KB · Views: 468
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back