Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas

You're looking for these??

IMG_2570.jpg

P.S. *Evil laugh*

Updated CAD model:
Even if your Mentor plate is undersized (6x9 or9x12), taking photos of these areas from several angles and with rulers to set the scale would be very instructive. Please PM me to discuss. Thanks!
Hmm, look what turned up in the post today.....
plateholder1.jpg
I actually have a pair, this is the one in better condition. I can confirm that they are not real ebony, but hardwood with a 'japanned' black laquer finish.

Here's some of the detail photographs you wanted:
plateholder4.jpgplateholder5.jpgplateholder2.jpgplateholder3.jpg

Here's an extra one showing the 13x18 sheet film holder. This clips into the place where the glass plate would fit - there is a leaf spring on the back of the plate holder to push it forwards and another thinner one in the slot at the end that holds the plate or film holder in place under the 2 rectangular tabs at the other end (there are also 2 tabs that fold out at the other end once it's been clipped in). you push against the spring and lift from the other end to remove the plate or film holder.
plateholder6.jpg
I'll post some more pictures with detailed measurements later.

T partially dismantled one of the Mentor 13x18 plate holders I received so I could document them.
They are pretty complicated, and have very fine workmanship - they are quite intricately put together. One sign of the care taken in it's assembly is the screws - all the slots on the heads are aligned perfectly. They consist of 4 outer rails made of wood. The upper and lower rails are the same profile, but the two end rails use 2 different profiles (I managed to measure them and I'm drawing up profiles for a later post). There are also a pair of sprung felt light seals behind the RH outer end plate, which stop light getting in once the dark slide has been removed.

The wooden rails fit together using box joints (the metal plates don't appear to do much in the way of strengthening). A thin channel is routed down the centre of each rail which captures a 0.02in steel plate, which forms the separating wall between the front and back plate holders. The overall outer dimensions (including the retaining lips but excluding the dark slide) are 5.7in x 8.6875in (8 11/16ths). The retaining lips on the top and bottom edges are 0.1in wide, and on the bottom edge it is chamfered away in the centre 1.45in from each side.
overalldims.jpg

The dark slide is 0.05in thick aluminium with a brushed outer surface and black rear side. It is 4.96in x 8.125in (measured to the edge of the stamped indent of the handle).
darkslide.jpg

Three sizes of small countersunk brass woodscrews are used in the construction. The largest are used to hold on the outer right-hand aluminium plate. The middle size is used to hold on the corner plates and the smallest are used to hold on the inner glass plate retaining plates. The metal plates are all brushed aluminium of varying thicknesses.
rhplates.jpgouterrhplate.jpgcornerplates.jpginnerlhplate.jpg

Sorry about the mixed imperial and metric measurements, but it does seem to be made using both systems of measurement (which is odd, as I wouldn't have figured on Germans using imperial measurements).

More to come soon....

Last edited:
Re: Blade Runner 2049 props and repl<script src=

not sure which thread to post this. hope its ok here
But this is one unique custom blaster I found on Yahoo Japan Auctions.
Appears to be a "Snub" version but I think the its a Super Deformed version from the huge barrel.
And I think this blaster looks so damn cool

think the current price is over $700.00
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x529879667

and was able to save the pictures.

z8Hzig3A_o.jpg

oq8GVp6Q_o.jpg

ybS2UQxn_o.jpg

bZr6zJrn_o.jpg

BxbiYr9U_o.jpg

GZY4YKQk_o.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back