Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas

Most likely that's what they used. Runs off an EL inverter though, don't think tiny coin batts will work.
this one is about 4" sq.
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10799

Edit: there's this.
https://www.adafruit.com/product/1350

Nice! Both gadgets are fairly cheap, so it wouldn't be a big loss to just try it out... the panel would have to be cut down, but it seems that's possible if you seal the edges again...

Then we just need the graphics, the badge and a suitable wallet :D

I think it is a sheep. This is often a reference to policing, as those who have no clue, just follow what they are told by the media and government

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^
Really, I think that's reading a bit to far of an origami sheep. Never heard that as a reference to policing. I pretty sure it's a homage to Philip K. Dick's 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep'. The set decorator/prop dep, etc. did it as a tip to the hat. Has nothing to do with sheeple.

^
Really, I think that's reading a bit to far of an origami sheep. Never heard that as a reference to policing. I pretty sure it's a homage to Philip K. Dick's 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep'. The set decorator/prop dep, etc. did it as a tip to the hat. Has nothing to do with sheeple.

The chicken, the matchstick man, and the unicorn Gaff left for Deckard was all a comment to him.
I agree with you that the sheep wasn't a comment to K's part as a police man. I think it was referencing his replicant nature. Mass produced, and for a specific purpose. Blindly following that purpose.

No, I don't agree.
The book relies on Dicks reference to animals and their importance to empathy and keeping up with the Jones.
Gaff has never liked Deckard - as Bryant used to say "if you aren't cop, you are little people."
A reference to sheep.
Unless you are cop, then you won't know the meaning of the sheepdog and the sheep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The chicken, the matchstick man, and the unicorn Gaff left for Deckard was all a comment to him.
I agree with you that the sheep wasn't a comment to K's part as a police man. I think it was referencing his replicant nature. Mass produced, and for a specific purpose. Blindly following that purpose.

^this. It's an insult.

EDIT: And in Christian symbolism the dog (Deckard!) is the protector and guardian of the flock. The dog and the sheep is part of an underlying Christian allegory in the movie. Thus the symbolism of the sheep is ambiguous: On one side it's an insult directly to K in the situation, but on the other side it's part of a more complex Christian allegory with Deckard as K's father figure.

Last edited:
Birdie, seems to me that the pic showing the horse (beside Rachael's pic) is with one raised front leg...unless it's not a horse on that pic...

Best pics from SDCC I've seen of the badge / wallet / credentials. Note the sign said it was Joshi's but the badge says Detective, and the credentials say "Officer K."

Attachments

• IMG_4239a.jpg
    IMG_4239a.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_4247a.jpg
    IMG_4247a.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 451
Yep, saw the movie and NECA is indeed making the horse as it appear in the movie. My bad; I thought that the horse was the one beside Rachael's pic.

I really hope someone does a replica of the Joi emanator. It'd be neat if it lit up and played the alert sound.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back