Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas

.I believe I have found the holster that formed the base for the one used for K's blaster.
Just like Deckard's holster, it was originally made by Safariland, specifically their Model 1090 Gun Quick holster:
https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2012/7/5/safariland-1090-gun-quick-shoulder-holster/
shoulderholster.jpg
safariland-safariland-1090-gun-quick-shoulder_23-2604.jpg
20120301142605.jpg

The 'Gun Quick' name was trademarked by it's designer John Bianchi in 1993 and the design was patented in 1995 by Safariland:
https://www.google.co.uk/patents/US...=0ahUKEwiMsYSgorDXAhVGthQKHVKrDnQ4ChDoAQhnMAk
It looks like it was available from around the mid to late 90s at least - the oldest catalogue I've managed to find online is 2006 and it's in there. The big problem is that it looks like it was discontinued in 2016 (the last year it appears in Safariland's catalogue was 2015, though it was still in the 2016 price list).

The main modifications appear to be the swapping of lthe leather parts of the shoulder strap for synthetic material (as there's no leather in 2049). The side plates are separate pieces that are adjustable for different pistols, so they may have been replaced with custom-made plates to fit the blaster.

It looks like the silver sprung loop on the rear of the holster holds the gun in place under the the curved top of the backstrap and rolls up and over the slide as you draw it (pulling the gun down and forwards out of the holster), The spring loop can be seen in some shots of the film where K isn't wearing his coat but I can't see it in the pictures of the gun and holster from the WIRED article or SDCC displays. My guess is that it was getting hung up on the blaster when trying to draw it (as it doesn't have a smooth curved top on the grip backstrap) so an 'action' version of the holster may have been made without the spring loop.

Now I just need to id what material they have used to replace the leather strap.

Last edited:
I know I’ve seen the waffle style material before. I pretty sure I have a backpack with straps very similar

Watched BR2049 for the 2nd time yesterday (in 3D and "D-Box"...not worth the distraction) and I tried to take note of other items:

There's a tall rectangular, clear bottle of alcohol that Robin Wright's character drinks in K's apartment. The whiskey glasses seem to be hexagonal at the bottom and round up top. The glasses in Deckard's place are just straight circular top to bottom. Both of these glasses don't seem all that noteworthy...like even if I found the exact ones they used, I wouldn't care much.

K wears a dark blue, waffle-pattern, crew neck sweater underneath his jacket and I think there's one scene he's wearing leather gloves. It's really hard to tell the color of the jacket & pants, even though the jacket is referred to as the "green jacket." All of Love's outfits are badass.

I emailed Warner Brothers studio tours because I was curious to see if they'd have any BR2049 items on the tour, they said "At this time, we do not have any plans to offer any displays from that particular film." -___- I missed the exhibit at SDCC and am really hoping to catch any other displays/exhibits. Does anyone know if the Arclight Hollywood cinema still have the original costumes on display?

EDIT: Deckard's glasses are oval at at bottom and circular at the top. There seems to be a finger indent as well..so the search to identify the glass continues.

The jacket is definitely green and should look just like this: http://www.qorkit.com/qor-alpha-waxed-cotton-jacket-f3468d.html

This jacket is the closet material I've seen to what I think the actual jacket should look like

.I believe I have found the holster that formed the base for the one used for K's blaster.
Just like Deckarf's holster, it was originally made by Safariland, specifically their Model 1090 Gun Quick holster:
https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2012/7/5/safariland-1090-gun-quick-shoulder-holster/
View attachment 773816
View attachment 773815
View attachment 773820

The 'Gun Quick' name was trademarked by it's designer John Bianchi in 1993 and the design was patented in 1995 by Safariland:
https://www.google.co.uk/patents/US...=0ahUKEwiMsYSgorDXAhVGthQKHVKrDnQ4ChDoAQhnMAk
It looks like it was available from around the mid to late 90s at least - the oldest catalogue I've managed to find online is 2006 and it's in there. The big problem is that it looks like it was discontinued in 2016 (the last year it appears in Safariland's catalogue was 2015, though it was still in the 2016 price list).

The main modifications appear to be the swapping of lthe leather parts of the shoulder strap for synthetic material (as there's no leather in 2049). The side plates are separate pieces that are adjustable for different pistols, so they may have been replaced with custom-made plates to fit the blaster.

It looks like the silver sprung loop on the rear of the holster holds the gun in place under the the curved top of the backstrap and rolls up and over the slide as you draw it (pulling the gun down and forwards out of the holster), The spring loop can be seen in some shots of the film where K isn't wearing his coat but I can't see it in the pictures of the gun and holster from the WIRED article or SDCC displays. My guess is that it was getting hung up on the blaster when trying to draw it (as it doesn't have a smooth curved top on the grip backstrap) so an 'action' version of the holster may have been made without the spring loop.

Now I just need to id what material they have used to replace the leather strap.

You are 100% correct. I spotted that the moment I saw it. The only 1090 I've found just sold on ebay for $135. Safari discontinued them a while ago and no one seems to have any surplus. I'm still looking...

I think this vinyl is close to the pattern:
90104B6B-7D29-463E-94D0-5C26DD9683AA.png61C3133C-F0B5-49F4-A30B-1B02E289C8A2.jpegD6378370-1461-4BB8-8DB7-EB8DC011802C.jpeg

Last edited:
You are 100% correct. I spotted that the moment I saw it. The only 1090 I've found just sold on ebay for $135. Safari discontinued them a while ago and no one seems to have any surplus. I'm still looking...
Was it you bidding against me? ;) If it's any consolation with the shipping and import duty I'm going to be paying almost double. I did some looking around on Armslist and Gunbroker and there was one for sale in Knoxville in late 2013 (for $35!), but I get the impression that it wasn't a very popular model and their newer moulded plastic ALS shoulder holster system has replaced it. I'm wondering if the production took the remaining parts stock off Safariland's hands, hence it being discontinued last year.

When it arrives I do plan to document it fully so that the straps can be patterned and the moulded plastic parts can potentially be reproduced by some of the talented craftspeople on here.

Last edited:
Was it you bidding against me? ;) If it's any consolation with the shipping and import duty I'm going to be paying almost double. I did some looking around on Armslist and Gunbroker and there was one for sale in Knoxville in late 2013 (for $35!), but I get the impression that it wasn't a very popular model and their newer moulded plastic ALS shoulder holster system has replaced it. I'm wondering if the production took the remaining parts stock off Safariland's hands, hence it being discontinued last year.

When it arrives I do plan to document it fully so that the straps can be patterned and the moulded plastic parts can potentially be reproduced by some of the talented craftspeople on here.

Once I saw that it was discontinued my first thought was “okay how can I 3D print this thing” lol. Looking forward to your info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Tomenosuke 2049 Blaster just arrived from Hollywood Collectibles Group. Stunning, but I have a couple of questions that members might be able to help with. No care instructions with it. Ive read references to silicon oil in some posts but nothing included in the box. Anyone solved this question already? Should I oil and where? Also the bolt lever is very loose. Actually flaps up and down when the gun is turned over. Can anyone tell me if this is normal in the 49 and is there a way of tightening its fitting?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also the bolt lever is very loose. Actually flaps up and down when the gun is turned over. Can anyone tell me if this is normal in the 49 and is there a way of tightening its fitting?

For what it's worth, the real gun is like this as well.

My Tomenosuke 2049 Blaster just arrived from Hollywood Collectibles Group. Stunning, but I have a couple of questions that members might be able to help with. No care instructions with it. Ive read references to silicon oil in some posts but nothing included in the box. Anyone solved this question already? Should I oil and where? Also the bolt lever is very loose. Actually flaps up and down when the gun is turned over. Can anyone tell me if this is normal in the 49 and is there a way of tightening its fitting?

Yes there is no gun oil included in the box, but here you can see pics of my blaster, and the brand of silicone oil (Abbey Gun Oil 35) I used on the receiver and barrel: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=280119&page=12

The pre-assembled Tomenosuke Blasters should already be oiled inside and within all moving parts. Wipe off any excess oil that may be on the trigger, bulldog inner frame and on the receiver etc. You don't need to oil it much at all, as it is not like a real firearm that needs to be properly maintained & lubricated properly, especially if used frequently. A light silicone oil can be used from time to time if you need to, but don't use too much. Some people use silicone oil as a very thin "polish" on the outside like the receiver and the barrel surfaces to make them look shiny and darker instead of matt-black, if you are into that.... such as member PartyRichter.

This is their Otis crew pullover? It's very close, only missing the raglan sleeve seams.
It looks like it's only available in khaki now from their website (presumably as Australia is changing over to Spring/Summer clothing lines now)

Yes I found it at a clearance outlet. But, I think it will do me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back