Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas

Concur, the COP was small backup gun, or off-duty backup gun. I'm guessing the firing gun in the trailer is the same over & under auto in the promo shot, as the shot may be from the same set/scene/sequence.

I'm sure I'm wrong, but the latest trailer's teases about some sandy/dusty exterior K travels to ... reminds me of Deckard's climb up the mountain in the book. Probably unrelated, but…

I also think I see a pet in the trailer (cat? dog?). THAT could be interesting, if they continue the thread about android animals and real animals being so expensive. (In the book, Deckard was trying to save up for something for his rooftop menagerie, IIRC.)

Sorry. Back to the topic …*Anyone like the watch Gosling's wearing in that promo pic? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marushin makes a COP with a long barrel.... I don't think that's it though...
I don't think they'd go with an airsoft when they have an entire warehouse of weapons to choose from (then again, they may have a Marushin COP in their arsenal, literally). Until there's a better pic of it, I'll be drooling in speculation!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

No new V.K. in the movie I'm afraid...the "I want to ask you a question" is about something else (that's how I read it).

Wallace Corp?

wc.jpg

Leto's character is named Neander Wallace. I hope his middle name isn't "Thall".

:D Knew who he was but thought he worked for Tyrell Corp as he`s in the same building, looks like he owns the building.:facepalm

At last, some good shots of the new badges.. thoughts? Just DETECTIVE on the badge is interesting.

brb2.jpg

Was really hoping for a proper badge and ID from the movie and its awesome that they are there BUT a leather wallet, hmmm. Decks was one of those polyester velcro jobs. Its the little things. Anyway, eltee and stc carts....Have at it please.

brb1.jpg

It looks to me like the production design for this film has a very gray pallette. Lots and lots of gray.

The badges are OK. They certainly look well made, and the design seems more realistic than the previous films "force" badges were. These don't seem to have been made with much regard for what came before. Honestly it seems like that can be said for much of the design work done for BR2049.

I'm sure it's unintentional, but this stuff feels a lot like the prop work they did in I, Robot.

TFS with us those precious photos Tim;) I like those badges...a lot! As Noeland said, lots of grey in that movie (blue-grey sometimes also). Would like to see the behind the scene of that movie; I'm sure that when the "bad guys/L.A. Police are on screen, that grey palette is present. Seems to me that the orange one is reserved for Deckard;)

Deckard gets the spots of warm color, yes. Where he lives. His binocs. His Radio. His old blaster grips. Not his clothes though. More gray.

I think it may be the girl's blaster.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2017-07-23-16h51m28s389.jpg
    vlcsnap-2017-07-23-16h51m28s389.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 315
  • vlcsnap-2017-07-23-16h50m42s752.jpg
    vlcsnap-2017-07-23-16h50m42s752.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 356
:D Knew who he was but thought he worked for Tyrell Corp as he`s in the same building, looks like he owns the building.:facepalm

At last, some good shots of the new badges.. thoughts? Just DETECTIVE on the badge is interesting.

View attachment 745800

Was really hoping for a proper badge and ID from the movie and its awesome that they are there BUT a leather wallet, hmmm. Decks was one of those polyester velcro jobs. Its the little things. Anyway, eltee and stc carts....Have at it please.

View attachment 745801

Has anyone started to replicate any of these props yet badges etc.?

I think it may be the girl's blaster.

Hmm. Maybe . ..

542692.jpg

Yeah I think you're right. You can see the thick front trigger guard and the blunt angle on the hammer/ rear receiver. Jeez he uses everyones' blaster in this movie.

o6CBx3J.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 745800

Was really hoping for a proper badge and ID from the movie and its awesome that they are there BUT a leather wallet,

That's Joshi's (Wright) badge and she is a lieutenant, not a Blade Runner (same as Bryant). So we still don't necessarily know what a BR badge looks like. Also, Deckard seemed to carry his ID in a personal wallet (and dressed quirky, and all that), whereas these look like department issued. Still makes sense I think.

I'm betting K takes that blaster from one of his attackers. Luv works for Wallace, so this style gun is probably corporate issue, while K's is probably department issued. Just guessing based on what I've seen in the trailers.

Same as the ones seen at Comic Con with the sxception of a clear plastic cover over the badge. The ID card looks lit up I Robot style, makes sense as the LAPD on the back of the Patrolman`s coats are also lit up.

Very happy they gave us a beauty shot, now for Deck`s.

K-ID.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back