Interest Indiana Jones - "FERTILITY IDOL" (Made from Casting from Original Mold)

Very excited to see the progress, yet extremely sad. I know how this will ultimately play out...

Idol Funds.jpg

great sculpt!
in need to get my hands on a full size cast some time so i can gold guild it.
i made a tiny 3d printed one about 2 inches high and the gold came out awesome but you could still see the print lines
...it was cute either way and a good gold guilding lesson.

jonesidol.JPG

UPDATE:

Sorry for the delay on this guys! Summer is here and I usually take time off to be with my family and only work a little here and there.

I'm still working on this, but at a slower pace, as you can tell... :lol

Any updates to share? Been loving watching this come together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE:

Sorry for the delay on this guys! Summer is here and I usually take time off to be with my family and only work a little here and there.

I'm still working on this, but at a slower pace, as you can tell... :lol

Any updates to share? Been loving watching this come together!

Hey B, hope you had a great holiday season! I wanted to check in and see if there had been any progress on your build

Hey Brenton, just checking in on the status of this sweet piece of prop joy?

So far, this is looking to be a 'limited' piece, and is going to be pricy! In the $375 to $450 range.

I know it's a lot, but this price includes my labor time involved and plus a very expensive gold-plater.

I found a great gold-plater who does the best job around, and is so far the only one whose quality work that I find acceptable for this prop, but he is also pricy, which makes this Idol to be the most expensive ever offered. It's the same gold-plater who did Rebelscum's Ark, and has also done work for much of the industry.

I have to make a new mold of this Idol, since I didn't place the parting lines in the correct place on the first one. So, as soon as I find some time to redo the mold and have a prototype gold-plated to show off, I'll do an 'Interest List' in the Junkyard.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update guys. I don't post here much but did place a tracking on this thread in particular. Hopefully you can post here in addition to the Junkyard thread. Having just received the toynk for 70 bucks, well I am left wanting.

Thanks for the update, Brenton. I've been waiting for this one specifically, so I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. That said, please let us know when the thread is up in the Junkyard for those of us who've subscribed to this thread for the Email updates.

That said, would you consider also offering a non-plated casting as well? (I could see myself buying both)

-DD

Hey Brenton,

Before doing the new mold will you be softening up the rigid over the brows and around the bridge of the nose that KramStaar mentioned on the first page of this thread?

Can't wait to see a gold plated accurate idol, so many of the vac plated idols suffered badly, especially inside the mouth, around the baby, in the ears......

Just don't leave me off any list!! :)

Thanks,

Andy

Last edited:
Hey Brenton,

Before doing the new mold will you be softening up the rigid over the brows and around the bridge of the nose that KramStaar mentioned on the first page of this thread?

Can't wait to see a gold plated accurate idol, so many of the vac plated idols suffered badly, especially inside the mouth, around the baby, in the ears......

Just don't leave me off any list!! :)

Thanks,

Andy

Yes, I'll be reworking those areas.

The main issue I had with previous Idols, was the recessed areas not getting any of the yellow clear coat and remaining silver. I talked with this new gold-plater and he said it was not going to be an issue. He knew what I was talking about and has done Idols before. As far as I can tell from looking at Rebelscum's Ark up close is that he is very good and very meticulous in his work.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back