Interest Indiana Jones - "FERTILITY IDOL" (Made from Casting from Original Mold)

You would be correct in saying the face flattens out on the cheeks a bit. It's not a fold, so it maybe was just a confusion of words...

It is very difficult when looking at Brenton's white colour cast to see all the details. I even questioned if the mouth was turned down enough like the original. Sometimes with this prop, it's not until it is plated that you can see the details. Other replica idols like the Gobler many years ago were cast in a different colour resin, and it was easier to see these details before they were plated. So colour and lighting can really confuse people when it comes to this prop. For years many people even thought the Belloq Idol eyes had holes drilled in them. But that's a whole other conversation.

Maybe if Brenton has the time he can show you guys how his idol looks in different light and different angles.

Many thanks for all the great pics.:):thumbsup

I think your right.The chin comes a little bit out(or is lower) under the head so I think that makes the effect of the double chin.
But its really a strange effect,isn´t it?:eek

the discussion was already over before you arrived.
Last I checked, you were still talking about a face fold....And Kroenen was 100% certain there was a double chin. With 20 seconds of searching you guys could’ve found my extensively thread I did MANY years ago about this idol. Soooooo, actually the discussion was over before it began. Buh Bye.

Last I checked, you were still talking about a face fold....And Kroenen was 100% certain there was a double chin. With 20 seconds of searching you guys could’ve found my extensively thread I did MANY years ago about this idol. Soooooo, actually the discussion was over before it began. Buh Bye.

Yes I was...but I can also say when I was wrong.But I need proofs.And Andy gave me exact this.So no problem.
I was thinking the "double chin"or "lip"is a production fault or something.It is not so impossible if you look on some props from the 80s.;)

Damn! I leave the house for a second and the kids tear the whole damn place up! :lol

As for the double-chin and cheek-fold, they don't exist! Just my two cents...

It's hard to see what anything really looks like when it's gold-plated. Too many reflections of light bouncing off of the prop to really judge what the underlying sculpt looks like.

Now that we have the green model without the gold-plating, we can see exactly what it looks like! :cool:thumbsup

With all of this talk about ‘face folds’ and ‘reflections’ and whatnot, I got curious about what my STELTER CREATIVE Idol would look like side-by-side next to the picture of the “Original Prop Idol” that Brad had posted earlier. It really is kind of funny how much of a difference there can be in the way things look when any type of plating is involved with regards to various shadows, reflections and other perceived variances in the sculpting. (Not to mention angles and distance.)

5869EE35-9E05-46CB-8D3E-B2DAE4404EA9.jpeg

I don't think Brenton has made this officially an interest thread yet, but just in case I'm totally interested.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Awesome news. Will this have holes to insert glass eyes?

I'll be offering two versions of the Hero Idol. The "Hero" version with Glass Eyes, and the "Belloq" version with Gold-Plated Eyes.

I may also be offering the "Stunt" version as well, which is the one we're all familiar with the 'Frown-Mouth'.

Last edited:
So because of the plating it’s gonna be 750$.

UPDATE: Price is going to be from $375 to $450!

Yep!

If you've seen other Idols and how bad the plating jobs look, you're definitely going to want to spend more for a better plating job.

Some Idols plating jobs look great, but over time, they either start bubbling and flaking off, or as for Sideshows version, the yellow starts to tarnish really bad and starts to rub off.

Last edited:
Cool hopefully I have enough money, do you have an estimate of the amount of spots on the run, or is it by the amount of people interested.

Thanks,

Matthew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back