Zuckuss helmet

Gonkdroid

i decided on building a zuckuss mask and or helmet, i figured a helmet would give good air flow and ventilation. im pretty new to sculpting but really wanted to make a zuckuss. i bought 10lbs of monster clay and didnt have a head and neck bust...so i opted for a giant ballon and paper mache...then fiberglass to strengthen the thing to support the weight of the clay. i made the front grill then began to add clay and sculpt. long story short i have made a mold and mother mold and after spending all my money on materials i have to wait for the fun part slush casting. so heres where i am at. 20170503_163711.jpg 20170503_163503.jpg20170503_163346.jpg

Is this your first try at sculpting? If it is, damn, you're a natural! That looks great :thumbsup
I can make a roundish kinda ball looking thing. Or I can mush the Silly Puddy on a newspaper, & pull the image up.

Thank you... yea this is pretty much my first sculpt, i did a bossk mask before with help, but this i made alone and cant wait to slush cast with the resin and see the thing in plastic. I will cut the eyes out and add mesh screens and the hoses will be maybe garden hoses with shoe goo for a organic look then painted. I might make a few copies if i get any interest from my garrison or anyone interested.

My son was yelling for me to come look, he loves the bounty hunters. Great job on the sculpt, looks fantastic, and the "garage" problem solving aspect helps provide new sculptors with a real world starting point. Not enough Zuckuss love in the SW universe, good to see someone bringing it back.

Awesome job

My wife has an approved Zuckuss costume. We went through many renditions of the robe and the harness, but it is complete. We were at Star Wars Celebration. If you saw a Zuckuss it was probably her. :D

1Front by Iggy, on Flickr

Wow that looks amazing well made for sure. What materials did you use for the robe? I thought maybe a brown canvas with silver highlights but im not sure. The harness is leather too ? Sorry your build is inspirational!!!

Wow that looks amazing well made for sure. What materials did you use for the robe? I thought maybe a brown canvas with silver highlights but im not sure. The harness is leather too ? Sorry your build is inspirational!!!

Thanks!
I posted the whole build over on thebhg.net (http://thebhg.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4322#entry49797)

I didn't cross post here,but could create the thread over here as well.
The robe is brown tarp. We splattered it with silver in some for weathering and gloss coated. The movie stills show lots of dots, but those are actually reflections, so we made sure the robe was shiny. The harness is all real leather which is pretty heavy overall. We made a harness to put the helmet weight on the waist/torso rather than all on the neck which helps for longer troops.

A tarp nice, i will be on the hunt for one now. Did you have to dye the tarp darker brown ? Ahh so many questions my bad!! Im on a super tight budget atm so i was thinking eva foam wrapped in faux leather for the harness and belly plates. If mine turns out even half as good as yours ill be happy. Your costume looks spot on.

A tarp nice, i will be on the hunt for one now. Did you have to dye the tarp darker brown ? Ahh so many questions my bad!! Im on a super tight budget atm so i was thinking eva foam wrapped in faux leather for the harness and belly plates. If mine turns out even half as good as yours ill be happy. Your costume looks spot on.

:D
The tarp used was actually silver on one side brown on the other. It is a heavy duty tarp. We cut into a robe pattern and I actually sewed the robe. I also sewed in a cotton liner to make it softer since the tarp is super scratchy.

Our first rendition of the harness was vinyl with foam inside. Make sure you glue it well. It lasted a few troops before the glue started coming apart, but it was a good substitute and might have lasted a while longer if I didn't tear it down to get measurements for the leather. :rolleyes

We have submitted the CRL for review with all of the pictures.

No problem answering any questions. That helmet of yours looks great. Looking forward to seeing another Zuckuss out there. Not too many out there right now...

yea i found this picture of the original mask, if i can find some see through orbs or clear Christmas bulbs large enough i will add the bubble wrap inside. its a sacrifice of vision for accuracy. I had this riddle with my Bossk mask before, the lenses i had fogged up so bad, (couldn't see a foot ahead of me) then i decided on screens and it was perfect vision with a cool breeze flowing threw.zuckuss real mask.jpgmy bossk mask.jpg

Thank you... yea this is pretty much my first sculpt, i did a bossk mask before with help, but this i made alone and cant wait to slush cast with the resin and see the thing in plastic. I will cut the eyes out and add mesh screens and the hoses will be maybe garden hoses with shoe goo for a organic look then painted. I might make a few copies if i get any interest from my garrison or anyone interested.

did you by any chance produce copies of that Bossk mask or have the capability of producing more? I'd be seriously interested.

I ripped the mold when i pulled it off but managed to get the one copy out of it, the bossk is actually a helmet not latex mask. You can add fans and edit it with bondo like change eye shape etc... I made the zuckuss mask from smoothcast aswell. If your looking for a bossk mask i seen a nice one on the dented helmet recently. I may make another in time tho.

added some hoses some helmet padding made a kimono from tarp (thanks iggy) made the belly plates from foam and pleather and put them on a mannequin. still need to do a bit more things, but its getting there.
20171016_040716.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
greedo nice...prob on my list too...i started a new bossk a few months ago but i put it aside for the last three months but will get back to it soon...still really a rough sculpt. my last bossks eyes are like a goldfish on each side so i have to look side to side to see forward.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back