Spirit of Ob1- Luke V3 Run, Mods- Paint apps-Electrical-Ideas-Questions thread!.

Spirit of ob1

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,

There has been alot of communication on everyone's mods that they have done to their saber. Please post here with info to help Everyone out!

Lets see your custom saber mods!!!

d19236c9-4c90-40a1-bdc1-e7504596ba93_zpsaghfqsht.jpg

I've been sick with strep throat & one hell of a cough, so I've not been able to do anything to mine - other than getting it together on the first day. So I look forward to seeing everyones builds.

Antibiotics don't seem to help.

That's got to be a 10 day treatment with the right dosage. I had a strep infection that came on after other as-yet unidentified issues just about 1.5 months ago. The other possibility is a viral infection and no amount of antibiotics will help with that. I'm not sick right now, but apart from a few days here and there. I was sick from the last week in December until the first week of April. Brutal.

- - - Updated - - -

Mods I plan for this hilt:

• Brass plating copper windvane section

• Paint booster section black

• Add cone knob and mystery chunk greeblies from v2 saber

That's got to be a 10 day treatment with the right dosage. I had a strep infection that came on after other as-yet unidentified issues just about 1.5 months ago. The other possibility is a viral infection and no amount of antibiotics will help with that. I'm not sick right now, but apart from a few days here and there. I was sick from the last week in December until the first week of April. Brutal.

- - - Updated - - -

Mods I plan for this hilt:

• Brass plating copper windvane section

• Paint booster section black

• Add cone knob and mystery chunk greeblies from v2 saber
That will be a cool hybrid saber. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Here's mine so far. Before painting, I soaked everything in oven cleaner and buffed off the corrosion with #0000 steel wool. I did this about 3 times. I put aluminum tape on the upper portion of the "windvane"/bottom of the emitter before priming and painting it copper with Rustoleum bright copper rattlecan. The grip was primed and painted Rustoleum satin black. I faked the seam lines by painting a thin black line on either side of the grip then I chipped some paint off of the rings. I think it creates a decent effect. I also gooped some paint in between the rings to make them more uneven looking.

The pommel, emitter, and clamp (no logo TCSS clamp from a few years back) all had aluminum tape applied in the appropriate places. I also replicated the torn tape on the clamp.

I've still got to make a clamp card, and I'm waiting for my d-ring from wannawanga to arrive.

I plan on installing electronics, too. I've got a pico crumble sound card, an rgb tri cree, and some other components, but I've never done an electronics install before, so I'm waiting to see what other people do before diving in.
c02ef98083d521e284db78bf04228785.jpg
41a084ccc4399de8aea2133b8fd79534.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Got the clamp card finished! I picked up a brass-plated push plate from the hardware store that I used to cut out the main portion of the card. I then applied some 1/8th inch black pinstriping tape and voila!
888a6a0678224b1e233780280a6e393b.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Yeah Alley. All those pics of your weathering process are awesome! Your saber looks incredible. Do you do commissions?

I just caught this thread after being referred here by Spirit Of OB1. Thank you all for the kind words.

I used the following picture of the original as the overall model to base my build on:

F313E033-6AF3-48C0-B4A6-63A8D579364C_zpskjdh7hfy.jpg

57A04FB2-5C35-4B25-8CB4-0079F55922D0_zpsy8zbwitp.jpg

I'll be happy to post pics and instructions regarding my build, if that would be of use to anyone.

I do offer commissioned services, so-to-speak, on a very limited basis (meaning one build on the bench at a time) so as not to take on any more than I can chew. Anyone who is interested in seeking me out for build up services may feel free to contact me.

A big "THANK YOU" needs to go out to Spirit of OB1for doing this run--a builder is only as good as the materials he/she works with and he knocked this one out of the park!

Matt

Last edited:
Man oh man, those are gorgeous sabers! :thumbsup
How are you weathering the pommel area, beneath the clamp? I really like the darker coloring effect. Other than drilling the holes in the clamp, I was thinking of keeping mine fairly clean. But these photos of the weathering you guys are doing is beginning to change my mind.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back