Wasmex 2017

mofo77

hey guys,
pix of this years display of sf models by the science fiction and fantasy group based in perth western australia.we had lots of new models there including a few s/s models and lots of scratchbuilds. 20170429_101935.jpg20170429_101945.jpg20170429_101953.jpg20170429_102049.jpg20170429_102109.jpg

It was another awesome display by you guys again. Only sorry I had limited time to catch up and see the display. Well done all involved, hopefully one day when I am not working I will get to display some stuff as well.

This was an incredible and it should noted that the Science fiction & Fantasy Model Group were the winners of best club display at this year's WASMEX.

IMG_2245.JPG
IMG_3147.JPG
IMG_4614.JPG

Great seeing you all again - your work is as always inspirational!
Highest regards,
MARK

Thanks for posting Rod. Just realised I forgot to take photos!! Even though I was sitting beside it all weekend...wtf...:confused :lol :facepalm

Lot's off cool stuff! I had to go back because I didn't realize that Slave I was that big! I also haven't seen anyone do a model of the Republic Consular ship before, so I assume it was a scratchbuild.

slave 1 is studio scale and the republic ship is i believe a resin randy cooper kit

Hi Guys. Was an awesome event. Had a great time with all the Sci fi crew. Everyone had a great time. Some real nice pics there. Thanks

Slave 1 is produced by Mike Salzo and was one of the hardest models I've built. Especially trying to identify all the parts. It is an amazing kit to build and paint!!!

The Blockade Runner was produced by Chris Kelley a few years ago and the moulds where then sold last year. It's
41 inches long. You had the option of building it 3 different ways. The kit I made is from Return of the Jedi. I used electrictronic from Daniel Beck who makes some amazing circuit boards. Each engine had 25 LED's. That's a total of 275. Crazy but it's so effective. They all flicker to create realism to each engine. Very talented man.

Cheers
Dave A

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back