Rey costume from The Last Jedi (possible spoilers)

Redwillow

Sr Member
Open thread to discuss Rey's costume in TLJ.

IMG_0030.JPGIMG_0131.JPG

So far i'm seeing gray wrap dress, dark brown tunic made from a thick quilt like material. Possible holster from the resistance costume, and pants, belt, arm wraps and bracer from the Jakku costume.

It appears the belt now has a sash behind it? .... and it's flipped upsidedown so the thicker section is now on top.

Last edited:
new pics of the 6" Rey figure.
The boots do not appear to be the PoZu's worn in TFA...new boots are Jedi style. Also see the figure includes the staff, lightsaber and blaster.
08f3dfd2b88de8432b987ad674fea5ad44f83a39.jpg d5e6fb37ed18e9fced21fe90fa217f0924760fd6.jpg

It appears the belt now has a sash behind it? .... and it's flipped upsidedown so the thicker section is now on top.

Only trouble with actually doing that with your existing belt is that your lower (thicker) part of your Jakku belt is much too long for your waist!

Looks like i'll be learning a new pattern for producing TLJ belts :lol

I laughed when I saw these wraps because I got this color a few times by accident while making my scavenger wraps. I'll probably never get it now that I'm trying to do it on purpose. Lol. Again, saw this screen grab with the green filter removed... Gives a better look at the colors.
c43da9898d53bbcf6314ddd3f8d3baa3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The fabric is cheaper on Amazon, I bought 3 yards just incase but the general consensus seems to be that you only need 2 if you're average sized.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G5VNNM4/

I'm pretty unfamiliar with jedi robes/tunics though but hers just looks like a simple sack pattern, but knowing the designers, theres probably something else going on :/

Just like how her new sash addition looks darker than the wrap itsself, must be a separate piece.

I love the new tunic fabric. It kinda has a samurai look to it, IMO.

On the boots, I will bet that those are custom made boots done by Po-Zu. The soles are exactly the same as on her Jakku boots, and the method of attaching the soles to the boot is the same. I wouldn't be surprised if Po-Zu releases a TLJ Rey boot right after the movie comes out.

The fabric is cheaper on Amazon, I bought 3 yards just incase but the general consensus seems to be that you only need 2 if you're average sized.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G5VNNM4/

I'm pretty unfamiliar with jedi robes/tunics though but hers just looks like a simple sack pattern, but knowing the designers, theres probably something else going on :/

Just like how her new sash addition looks darker than the wrap itsself, must be a separate piece.

I asked Po-zu on Twitter back when the BTS reel came out if those were a calf boot version of the Piper L in brown and recieved a DM with what I'd consider a very round-about confirmation. I'm considering a slip-cover for my second pair of Piper Vs in the meantime if we don't get a release in time for the premeir.

After looking at the mood fabric and the reference pic we have, I feel sure that the fabric, while similar, is not the exact same. The fabric on Rey's tunic appears to have been woven, or smocked to me. Does anyone else think so too?

After looking at the mood fabric and the reference pic we have, I feel sure that the fabric, while similar, is not the exact same. The fabric on Rey's tunic appears to have been woven, or smocked to me. Does anyone else think so too?

Agreed! Its different! I was just on test and came across this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/532918...ery=the last jedi hero tunic&ref=sr_gallery_1
(ALTHOUGH I'll be making my own costume I noticed the dark brown fabric looked accurate.) And in the description it says it is screen accurate. I messaged her asking how she knew it was correct, and she said she knew someone who worked on the film and confirmed it. Something about some cotton twill. So if somehow we could get her to say exactly what type it is that would be great

I've heard it referenced in a few places now that the Mood fabric is the screen used fabric. In fact that Etsy shop owner was one of them in the Rey Facebook discussion group. So I feel confident it's the right fabric.

I wonder if it looks different because of how it is attached to some kind of liner and if that liner is a cotton twill. If it is somehow woven into the liner to thicken it up.

I've heard it referenced in a few places now that the Mood fabric is the screen used fabric. In fact that Etsy shop owner was one of them in the Rey Facebook discussion group. So I feel confident it's the right fabric.

I wonder if it looks different because of how it is attached to some kind of liner and if that liner is a cotton twill. If it is somehow woven into the liner to thicken it up.

Oh interesting! Yeah she said she lined it in cotton twill, so that must be the difference as to why it looks more stiff. Also, Rey it looks like doesn't have the blaster holster, it looks like a lightsaber holster to me because its so round! So I'm making one right now as I type .lol. And I agree with everyone on the po-zu boots! I was thinking the exact same thing! I thought the sole looked the same too.

Is it really the fabric from Mood?? As in the colour too? It seems to me Rey has a colour that's almost black, or am I seeing this wrong?

Everything I'm seeing matches up with the Putty color, its a dark brown/grey. Here's a photo of it in natural light with some other grey swatches, from someone on FB. Hope they dont mind me sharing it.
20431296_10100589730222854_951140495340555797_n.jpg

This is what I've been basing my colors off of, it may be slightly cooler but not by much.

seams.png

Hi guys! I joined the forum just to add to this specific post :)

Does anyone have an idea of what material her pants are made out of? It seems to be suede to me, but not as shiny as most suedes that I've seen.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back