Rey costume from The Last Jedi (possible spoilers)

Hey all!

First off, I wanted to say thank you oh so much for all the help and information on this thread! I've only made accessories and props for cosplay before and am now trying to undertake sewing Rey's new TLJ costume. Since the official fabric is sold out, i'm going to be purchasing the blanket that was shared from amazon. I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to buy the ivory or forest green one. I'm leaning toward the forest green. It looks like a great base color.

Would anybody be willing to send/sell me a swatch from the official fabric? I would be extremely grateful. If not, no worries at all. I just wanted to check!

Take care and thanks once again!!!

Ok so I think this RIT recipe is the closest I can get to the diamond tunic colour, (keeping in mind the fabric base colour is ivory, and 100% cotton) at least according to my computer screen. Opinions?
brown1.JPG

Hey folks! First time attempting a Rey outfit and would love help on creating the arm wraps. Any tricks for keeping them in place without having to rewrap all the time? Thanks!

I use these lightweight "cooling sleeves" they are like compression sleeves but less constricting and very light. I imagine they are much like the sock Kristen uses. I got them on Amazon. I did cut the band around three to off so it wouldn't make my arm bulge. But the wrap bandages keep then from rolling down.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hope everyone is having fun with your builds!

I'm working on my tabards. Has anyone else used the Dharma wool gauze? I read that the tabards used in the film have a "very small surged hem" I don't have a surge machine so I'm trying to do a very small rolled hem. Its proving difficult as the wool gauze is so delicate. Wondering about options or tricks people might have for making it work. I suppose I cold find someone in town with a surger, but then I don't even know how to use one. Thanks!

I'm pulling my hair out over here trying to get this done in time for the premier.

Anybody have a list of what screws are needed and for which locations on Rey's blaster?
In metric sizes if possible.
Would really appreciate it.
Robert

Hey folks! First time attempting a Rey outfit and would love help on creating the arm wraps. Any tricks for keeping them in place without having to rewrap all the time? Thanks!

I used compression sleeves in white. I removed the logo on the arm with steam, and dyed them a slightly darker shade than the wraps.

Looks as good as I can figure, to me. Is there a bit of gray and green undertones? If there is, should be good! Looking forward to how it turns out. I'll probably be doing the same thing as you!

Quick question on the boots, I’m a dude trying to do this cosplay and there’s no way I could either afford or fit the Po-zu boots. Has anyone found any type of alternative?

I'm pulling my hair out over here trying to get this done in time for the premier.

Anybody have a list of what screws are needed and for which locations on Rey's blaster?
Robert
I think there is another RPF thread that had the specs for Rey's blaster. Either it's in a blaster specific thread or in the Rey alternative outfit thread (where all the details on her vest and stuff are).

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Robert

I bought my blaster kit from Joatrash FX, and his kit came with screws. I'm sure he wouldn't mind giving you the sizes :)

- - - Updated - - -

Quick question on the boots, I’m a dude trying to do this cosplay and there’s no way I could either afford or fit the Po-zu boots. Has anyone found any type of alternative?

Some have had a degree of success modifying Ugg boots.

For the Last Jedi Rey Costume, her Jedi one not the one at the beginning- you could possibly find good Costume boots online or at a Target. I know it’s hard to find guys boots, but may help! The uggs definitely work for her outfit beginning of Force Awakens!

I have to re-dye the diamond tunic fabric, and the obi. They turned out much lighter than I wanted. The tabard fabric I bought in a decent grey colour that didn't require dyeing: I'll take pictures of all my fabric tonight when I get home. I've made all the patterns, and started the my boots, so it's just a matter of really cutting it all and sewing it together...once I get the right dye bath figured out. :)

*I had a terrible cold during my 4 day holiday weekend so made almost no progress, but back at it this weekend. dyeing again tonight.*
How did the fabric for the tabard turn out? Did your dye idea work out? Planning on following your steps. Thank you for sharing!

CBE957E7-0AB3-41B9-A7D9-0EF7CA3ECEB3.jpeg
Left to right: cloak, obi, arm wraps, pants, wrap tabard, tunic lining, tunic, undershirt.
im in the process of re-dyeing the obi and tunic fabrics darker, and more brown in the tunic.

****update*****
l-r: wrap tabards (colour should not be different from first photo), obi, tunic: the obi and tunic are still damp, but this looks much better than the first attempt.
image.jpg

Attachments

• D01CA790-A170-41EC-8BBA-366F0ADB0AD6.jpeg
    D01CA790-A170-41EC-8BBA-366F0ADB0AD6.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Very cool! That blanket fabric came out really well and looks like a great alternative for the mood fabric. So cool! What fabric are you using for you Obi belt and what dye did you use? I worked on my obi using the handwoven cotton from Dharma. I needed to work out how to put the snaps on. The Dharma fabric is too loose a weave for the snaps. They pulled on the fibers too much. But I figured it out I think. My tunic isn't done yet so I have finished the obi. But I made it three layers of fabric (its pretty thin stuff). The top layer is 3 inches wider so that when all sewed together it gets the scrunchy look.

20171201_182827.jpg20171201_182812.jpg20171201_182807.jpg

Left to right: cloak, obi, arm wraps, pants, wrap tabard, tunic lining, tunic, undershirt.
im in the process of re-dyeing the obi and tunic fabrics darker, and more brown in the tunic.

****update*****
l-r: wrap tabards (colour should not be different from first photo), obi, tunic: the obi and tunic are still damp, but this looks much better than the first attempt.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back