TLJ Kylo REN

deserthunter

new kylo.jpg

Was copied of the facebook page.

Don't know where the picture is from but if it is what he is going to look like in the last jedi, not feeling it to much. Thoughts?

I know this is completely unrelated but what is that silly expression Gwedoline Christie is making? She made the same look on some clips I've seen of her from Game of Thrones. Haha

I'm working on my Surcoat for this suit currently... Here is what I have so far...

I've decided to go with 7/8" X 7/8" squares. I used white waxed thread for the cross sections and black waxed thread to sew the vest itself together.

sent from the cockpit of SLAVE I

Last edited:
based on the measurements of the buckle (4.5") the squares should be 3/4", also only the horizontals are quilted, the verticals are very small pintucks on the top layer only (done before quilting).

Fabric wise, the current theory is that it's a black silk, and the thread is like a dark tan/gold colour

For more info, you can check my post on the Knights of Ren FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Kni...3/?match=cGF1bCByb2JpbnNvbixyb2JpbnNvbixwYXVs

That test I did was done from publicly available references (the vanity fair shoot and the battlefront 2 promo shots) and I was fairly confident about it, but I just today got shown a close up picture of the real deal (can't be shared though) and I'm 100% confident in it now, the only thing I'd change is the fabrics I used (ie. silk and tan thread).

Also, don't forget the detail on the shoulders.
F45imB8.png

based on the measurements of the buckle (4.5") the squares should be 3/4", also only the horizontals are quilted, the verticals are very small pintucks on the top layer only (done before quilting).

Fabric wise, the current theory is that it's a black silk, and the thread is like a dark tan/gold colour

For more info, you can check my post on the Knights of Ren FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Kni...3/?match=cGF1bCByb2JpbnNvbixyb2JpbnNvbixwYXVs

That test I did was done from publicly available references (the vanity fair shoot and the battlefront 2 promo shots) and I was fairly confident about it, but I just today got shown a close up picture of the real deal (can't be shared though) and I'm 100% confident in it now, the only thing I'd change is the fabrics I used (ie. silk and tan thread).

Also, don't forget the detail on the shoulders.
http://i.imgur.com/F45imB8.png
As any good seamster, I use a cheap thread and material for the first test because I did indeed mess up twice on this build and it's better to measure twice cut once if you get my drift;). Will adjust my measurements on the squares and will also apply the shoulder detail to my new pattern. Thanks!

Mike

sent from the cockpit of SLAVE I

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back