48 cmt scratch built Jakku Landspeeder

Thanks Joberg !!; Rats, you're right, I had not seen it, clearly those are the colors Gulf..lol!
In the design program, there is no way, or I have not yet figured out how to wear the surfaces. The idea is that it is a vehicle very worn and mistreated.

I was able to print blankets or cowlin from the turbines and rear radiators.

xRIDuAJ.jpg

EimiOM5.jpg

8CwYi5L.jpg

7C2Jy2a.jpg

CajsGZA.jpg

v25w1Gi.jpg

fF6PtkF.jpg

These are the printed radiators, fitted pretty well, just a little bit of sandpaper !!

PSyRA75.jpg

DQUaOrC.jpg

JfBVMS0.jpg

VSFlCLc.jpg

Cheers!

amazing job

When i see this threads i realize 3d printing is the future... i'm becoming more and more interested in buying one, can i ask you what model do you use? the results look really good.

Hi Dozer, thank you very much for the comments !. The printer I purchased is a DIY kit, based on the design of the Prusa I3. It is a Jgaurora A3, I decided for this brand since it had a heated bed, metal structure, a surface of impression of 20x20x20 and a good after sale service.
My recommendation is that you buy a diy kit, you will learn a lot about how these machines work, it can be somewhat challenging at first, but nothing that you can not achieve watching videos and following the instructions. Then you have a great community that can solve any doubts.
If you have any questions, you can ask me what you need. By

I have a small advance in the design, I made the rear supports and in doing them, I also had the reference to finish the detail of the wings. I could also finish the front part or the front of the vehicle, this particular piece was a headache by the shape (concave) and because it should serve as the second support of the structure that goes to the front, in addition to attaching well to the chassis. I still could not make the prints to see if everything fits as it should.

I also made the side grille of the turbojet, which in addition to serve as termination, will have the function of locking the engine in place.

o0xU5qX.jpg

xvKFWsb.jpg

By!!

Hi Dozer, thank you very much for the comments !. The printer I purchased is a DIY kit, based on the design of the Prusa I3. It is a Jgaurora A3, I decided for this brand since it had a heated bed, metal structure, a surface of impression of 20x20x20 and a good after sale service.
My recommendation is that you buy a diy kit, you will learn a lot about how these machines work, it can be somewhat challenging at first, but nothing that you can not achieve watching videos and following the instructions. Then you have a great community that can solve any doubts.
If you have any questions, you can ask me what you need. By

Aah yes, the Prusa is the one i have been following, everyone talks wonderful things about it. Seems is the option to go, and yes would love to build it by my self as part of the fun.

The other options are the resin printers... in printing quality they are amazing but their cost and maintenance is really big.

i don't know when i will go for it.. work and temporary country moves don't allow me to settle down properly in one place for long time, but if at any moment i buy it will follow your advice.

Thanks, and amazing work.

Hello everyone, I made the print of the two previous photos, the front part of the vehicle, the rear roof supports and the wings. Luckily, the part that corresponds to the front of the ship fits very well in the place, I had to give the sand a little so that the front brackets pass through the holes, but it has gone well.

QJmDrsv.jpg

ayNyIoC.jpg

gKwSboQ.jpg

9tbutXA.jpg

086ZPkY.jpg

Is taking shape, as Joberg says!!!..
It took me a while but I already have the front of the steering rudders, the antennas and the front brackets of the roof and windshield. I still could not print them.

eFLPFTu.jpg

X6ZTi7v.jpg

OcuQNmR.jpg

As soon as I can make the prints, I upload the photos.

Regards-

There is progress !!

First the virtual part, I connect the 6 roof supports with a strut structure. This will allow me, if I want to, to make a cloth ceiling like the film or to place a rigid plastic ceiling. Also finish the windshield that can be folded up as in old cars.

zYeB86R.jpg

z1NOf5C.png

YvOKebx.jpg

Print:

I printed most of the pieces, a little sandpaper and everything was in place.

ys1hbxM.jpg

5txLuDa.jpg

aHjHlLD.jpg

Iq6DAfA.jpg

9LWa1IW.jpg

I still did not print the front rudder brackets so I can not place them, but I had time to print the rudders. That's it.

EvEhp7y.jpg

mD638cF.jpg

cheers!

Small advances ..

Start with the interior design of the cockpit .. seats, consoles, etc. I also made the roof hard, so I have the option, at the time of the final assembly, to place that or the cloth one.

HfkghLc.jpg

CsWp2cp.jpg

IavLcnV.jpg

7OxO1jc.jpg

By

Hi.
It's been a long time since I showed progress.

The model is finished in terms of virtual work.

I finished the interior with the instruments, the steering wheel and the steering colum

4ofNDz6.jpg

RzmtA9M.jpg

Here I show you some good quality renders to dismiss the virtual part ...

405KmYz.jpg

f5NXRyV.jpg

YK9UpCc.jpg

Now, I show you the advances in painting.

SwAvpHB.jpg

01jMRJ4.jpg

QirnYTa.jpg

gcjDB1p.jpg

I started to shape the front, so far, the most complicated since I had some design errors and it was impossible to achieve good results after the printing of the pieces, so I had to redesign everything ..... the problem is that the front wings are supported from a very small point .....

These are the new ones already printed.

dS23r43.jpg

These are the Stands and pillars that will shape the entire front structure and the roof, all with base paint.

prLQoEn.jpg

Now, a little more detail about the painted pieces.

The wings......

47VuZmX.jpg

YXEMY4I.jpg

Detail of the engines and the cowling of them

A3ruBBG.jpg

MTzRF3o.jpg

5y1ekzh.jpg

0KdzIWL.jpg

fBjT7pS.jpg

Finally, detail of the "rear radiators".

peO0BBi.jpg

U7TnpKW.jpg

Assembly and finished model. the only thing missing is the support of the model that will print later due to lack of material ....

M1dEbzU.jpg

Qt4Kf4S.jpg

S03ymXj.jpg

21LPhIo.jpg

6EbLs8R.jpg

SW02HLw.jpg

oovrTSx.jpg

NgvrpXB.jpg

Yif0Pvp.jpg

jWTavGv.jpg

yVwdzUB.jpg

SfkFkJp.jpg

91ozfYD.jpg

Holding the "baby" ...

ffpibFT.jpg

Finally, in his place of temporary rest in the showcase .......

NLg72UP.jpg

Thats All...

- - - Updated - - -

Your model has blown me away...most incredible rendition of this lesser known vehicle. Everything from your parts breakdown, to printing & final paint is stunning!. Love the weathering on it, looks like it could be a way bigger model than it actually is, you have achieved something amazing here!.

Stu

Superbly detailed and crafted model . Your paintwork and weathering are especially beautiful , and realistic .
Thank you for sharing this fantastic build from computer concepts to finished model .

:cheersGed

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back