Wes Anderson's Isle of Dogs (Post-release)

What did you think of Isle of Dogs?

• It was okay. Not too pleased with it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was disappointing.

• It was bad.

• Total voters

Vivek

Master Member
Wes Anderson's Isle of Dogs

Announcement video from December 2016.

[video=vimeo;196374066]https://vimeo.com/196374066[/video]

Isle of Dogs poster.

In theatres April 20, 2018

Gorgeous film. Similar to Coraline in hyper detail, l’d say Coraline’s parent-theme was somewhat more identifiable. Dogs’ facial expression technique was an expressive evolutionary leap in the industry.

Won't be able to see this for another 2 weeks here. And that means having to drive to the next city over to see it.:unsure

I don't know why.... I just can't get into his films. No ill will toward the man personally. I just don't connect.

Saw this today and thought it was a lot of fun and looked amazing — definitely worth seeing on the big screen. Lots of funny, weird little visuals going on in the frame all the time. The story is pretty straightforward and heartfelt without ever being sappy (maybe a little sappy at the very end).

I'd also recommend it to any parent who's tired of taking their kids to see movies that feel like they were all churned out by the same company. Isle of Dogs looks and feels like no other movie being made these days. It's not designed to sell toys, it doesn't scream in your face for two hours or hit you over the head with a lot of obnoxious action. It's just a good story well told.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back