Paint Masks for Bandai Mini-TIEs

Argh! Sorry ;-)

I started with reverse mask but realised a) it was far to fiddly and b) the black part is recessed so the mask would sit flush in the recess.

However the Vader panels are raised, so reverse mask is probably going to work better there - haven't tackled them yet....

Very cool of you! One question though. Isn't it easier to just paint the solar panels and frames separately before they go together? That's what I plan to do or am I missing something? Maybe that isn't possible with the Bandai kit?

Cheers,

Steve.

Very cool of you! One question though. Isn't it easier to just paint the solar panels and frames separately before they go together? That's what I plan to do or am I missing something? Maybe that isn't possible with the Bandai kit?

Cheers,

Steve.

Sadly it still requires masking...if a speck of paint gets on any of the connecting joints, it wont fit.

Thats the price for uber super detail and flawless snap-on parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers,

Steve.

On the mini-TIEs the whole panel is one piece.... (well except for the detail in the centre of the hub) There are no separate frames :(

On the mini-TIEs the whole panel is one piece.... (well except for the detail in the centre of the hub) There are no separate frames :(

Same as the 1/72Vader tie.
I wonder why the standard tie has separate frames and the Vader doesnt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back