Link armor inspired by BOTW

Nice work!
What was your process for the right shoulder leather padded armor?
i wanted to make some armor myself from BoTW mainly Urbosa's sword and shield. (Urbosa is BAE!)
Oh and some of the gorons weapons too, those were pretty dope...and the ice sword too

Here is the photo of the shoulder template. Hopefully the grid behind it helps with he scale.
I Just cut out the armor on some foam. then used the iron and tinfoil technique to patina the leather (youtube has tuturoials). heated and molded. platidipped the foam. Spray painted it orange (Pretty generic orange). then added some reds and blue spray paint speckles. then distressed it with a drybrush and acrylic paints (mostly blue and brown)
Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 12.25.47 PM.png

dude siiiick! I love that you're doing an "inspired-by", giving yourself the freedom to be more creative. You're going to end up with something great and it'll be of your own design.

King Jacob Thanks! I am hoping to have this whole project finished this week. I will post another update later this week. Until then. Here is a gauntlet update
IMG_8465.JPGIMG_8458.JPGIMG_8457.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back