$100,000 + screen used stormtrooper helmet from ANH

Dbar21

Hello all,
although I am new to the forum, I have been lurking for some time and thought I would share this with those who may be interested. For some reason I was not able copy the link from screenused.com, but if you visit their site you will find an auction for a screen identified stormtrooper helmet from A New Hope currently going for $85,000, over $100,000 with the buyers premium on top of that.
Thats about $99,850 outside my budget, but just wanted to hear anyone else's thoughts on the helmet and price.
Moderators - If using a photograph or image from another website is not allowed, please remove it and accept my apologies.

3025_1.jpg

The prices for these things has been steadily rising for years. Especially now Star Wars is reinvigorated so much.

Ben

I know there are folks out their who are well off financially speaking, but my goodness, the buyers premium alone on that is an awful lot of money!

~ Jeff

As for a price - not surprising. I know a person that bought another helmet for more than that.

It is a helmet of one of sandtroopers. Specifically speaking - the one that says "Stop that ship, blast him!". Either way - here are couple more pics from the auction:
3025_2.jpg3025_3.jpg3025_4.jpg3025_5.jpg

9693fc45124d9c763b7917d138ef7938.jpg
yes very nice. It was at the EFX booth during Celebration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I love when a place like Propstore or Screen-used obtain one of these props. We get fantastic pictures and not something hidden away. We can all enjoy it before it's horded again.

Ben again

I wonder what happened to the ears. Is it more likely that they somehow broke or disintegrated, or that they were removed and lost/separated from the rest of the helmet over time?

Starwarshelmets.com has a detailed section on this one, maybe from 2005 when it was sold last? It includes a link to a 3d rotating photo...

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/original-stormtrooper-stop-that-ship-helmet.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Christie's advert for the previous auction in the early 2000s lists the estimate as £7,000 to £9,000. The current bid on the auction today seems to be $85,000. That's what I call a tidy profit (assuming it was bought for the original estimate a few years ago).

The Christie's advert for the previous auction in the early 2000s lists the estimate as £7,000 to £9,000. The current bid on the auction today seems to be $85,000. That's what I call a tidy profit (assuming it was bought for the original estimate a few years ago).

When this helmet 'Stop That Ship' and the 'Move Along' Sandtrooper helmets sold at Christies they sold for circa £20K. Both helmets were sold in the same auction. They are both well documented and tons of high res photographs were taken by RPF members at the time when they were on public display at Christies.

Why was this at the eFX booth? Was Bryan the owner, who then sold it?
Thank you for the photos MR. Mold Maker, they're wonderful! :cheers

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back