Marvel's Cloak & Dagger

I made it through episode 7 and pretty much lost interest. I have the rest of the season recorded, and might eventually get around to it. But I've had the last half of season 8 of the Walking Dead recorded since they were new, and haven't watched them, either.
Haven't seen anything of the Runaways, and also lost interest in the Gifted.

They just don't draw my attention like the Netflix Marvel series.

I'm up to episode 8. Really enjoying this. Did seem to be a slow starter, but once it got started, it really got good. I like the way Tyrone's cloak is explained, sure would like to see Tandy in that white bodysuit, that girl is fine!

Enjoyed the nod to Misty Knight.

Probably finish it up tonight.

I'm up to episode 8. Really enjoying this. Did seem to be a slow starter, but once it got started, it really got good. I like the way Tyrone's cloak is explained, sure would like to see Tandy in that white bodysuit, that girl is fine!

Enjoyed the nod to Misty Knight.

Probably finish it up tonight.

You're going to rethink the cloak after the last episode. Just saying.

Yeah, hate that he lost that. I was really hoping by the last shot that thing would be doing the full-on Batman/Spawn cape stuff.

Also liked the nod to Stark and Rand. We still don't know what Roxxon had in the pipes and valves do we? I'm not really sure why just turning off the pipes would stop the "terrors".....Or does the stuff just wear off?

Definitely will be watching season 2.

IMO, the energy being released was what was influencing the terrors. Stop the energy release, and it stops the influence.

Yeah, hate that he lost that. I was really hoping by the last shot that thing would be doing the full-on Batman/Spawn cape stuff.

Also liked the nod to Stark and Rand. We still don't know what Roxxon had in the pipes and valves do we? I'm not really sure why just turning off the pipes would stop the "terrors".....Or does the stuff just wear off?

Definitely will be watching season 2.

It makes no sense that after all of that build up, they just turned him into a black guy in a hoodie. Worse, they've already said that in future seasons, they are going to turn them into a romantic couple.

I only vaguely followed the comics when I was young..

Were they a couple in the comics? (I dont recall? I thought they were?)

It makes no sense that after all of that build up, they just turned him into a black guy in a hoodie. Worse, they've already said that in future seasons, they are going to turn them into a romantic couple.

Luke Cage should be the "Black Guy in a Hoodie," Marvel Hero. To me, he is and giving Tyrone a similar look after teasing his comic book look does a disservice to the character. I get that they are pushing the injustice in the black community thing, but Cloak isn't Cloak without his Cloak. Now he's just another black kid (albeit with super powers). The Cloak started off with a good enough back story to pay homage to the comic book origin while being a fresh and unique take, that still makes sense. Kind of a let down.

I hope so. It's really the only way I'll give season 2 a watch.

I'm glad lesser known Marvel characters are getting screen time, even if it's not in Blockbuster movies.

Did anybody even watch season 2? I had recorded it back when it was on and just got around to watching it. I can't really say much about it as there is really not much to say about it. The villain is D'Spayre, which you would think could be really great, but it really just kinda goes nowhere.

It wasn't like the first season had a huge budget to work with, but this season was obviously a less-than-shoestring budget. Occasionally you get a puff of CG smoke when Cloak teleports, but half the time its just one second he is there, the next shot he is gone. Dagger's light knives are so obviously a product of the old "be sure to hold your hand this way so as not to show the power cord going up your sleeve" it is ridiculous. Only a few times do they look right. I think FreeForm was under the impression of "We don't need big budget effects as long as we have a good story and good writing." The problem is--they have neither.

I won't go into spoilers in case someone still wants to check it out, but there is so much stuff this season that just makes no sense whatsoever.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it was a horrible season, it wasn't a bad way to blow ten hours during a boring weekend, but certainly nothing I would watch twice.

I did, unfortunately. It wasn't good. If they make a season 3, I won't be watching it. Most of that is a function of being on Freeform. I am absolutely not part of the target audience.

Ok, since we agree there wasn't too much to it, I am just going to ask my questions.. SPOILERS ahead.

Why and how was that cop lady split into two people? And what was even the point of it?
C&D are so much about justice, yet they are perfectly fine with letting Ty's mom commit cold blooded murder and then have it covered up?
Where is this place where the record store is? At first I was assuming this was all inside Cloak, but obviously it is someplace else.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back