Marvel's Cloak & Dagger

I'm not a fan of teen angst, but it depends on how they do it. If they go too far on the angst spectrum, I won't watch, even if Cloak and Dagger are characters I've been reading and enjoying since they were created.

Where'd this freeform come from? It suddenly appeared on my cable list and is horrible. This is another crappy teenager show full of pretty 30 year olds pretending to be 17 again.

Could be good. I agree on the teenage angst, but the original comic was the poster child for teenage angst. Don't see anyway to do this one without it.

I watched the first two when they aired them together (did they re-air episode 2 last week, or was it episode 3?), and I thought it was pretty good. Actually slightly surprised at some of what Disney let them get away with.

I watched the first 2 on Hulu I liked them... But unsure whether I'll continue with it. In rpf-ing terms the light daggers are quite cool looking and should be a fairly easy build. I may decide to try to make them.

I watched them and they aren't as bad as I thought they would be, yet. Of course, the network they are on makes me think they will get bad and become teen angst and drama for the sake of drama, but so far, so good.

It’s honestly pretty good. No CW teen angst, real teenagers dealing in their own way, and a fairly mature one at that, with the loss of their family members. It’s a slow burn, but not a boring one, miles ahead of CW, and as far as character development of Ty and Tandy, it’s on par with Netflix Marvel, if not above. Really enjoy it.

If anyone hasn't been able to watch Runaways, they're playing the first episode instead of the middle C&D rerun. Unfortunately, it looks like it's only the one episode.

If anyone hasn't been able to watch Runaways, they're playing the first episode instead of the middle C&D rerun. Unfortunately, it looks like it's only the one episode.

While Runaways got better, the first episode almost killed it for me, the characters were so utterly awful that the first time I tried to watch it, I turned it off in the first 10 minutes and it took me WEEKS to go back to it.

Re: Marvel's Cloak & Dagger

Just got done watching the entire season. I enjoyed it. It was slow in parts but I will be watching season 2.

Last edited:
The finally was a bit rushed and disappointing, but the rest of the season was strong. They really took their time to flesh out Ty and Tandy, next season hopefully they'll have more screen time together and a bit more ass kicking as well.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back