Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

Blue grip blaster showed up, but it's really not in great condition. Why on earth they decided to leave the orange cap loose is anyones guess, whole body is covered in scratches from it moving around! The sprue marks on the grip are pretty nasty, there's a big glue thumbprint on there as well - so may have to rethink how I paint this one. Still have an orange grips version coming to do they classic version, but considering getting the blue grips hydrodipped in carbon fibre so it's somewhere between the classic and the new Gosling blaster.

For all of you guys who ordered from HLJ and got your blasters almost immediately, what shipping did you have? Mine is listed as SAL shipping on the notification. I'm getting antsy over here waiting for my guns!

Ordered mine through HLJ via SAL and it showed up yesterday, you shouldn't have much more of a wait.
Orange grips version showed up an hour or so ago, in much better condition than the silver/blue (thankfully).

My shipment of 3 Black/Amber guns arrived yesterday (I had to pay a £13 customs charge), I preordered them on a whim over a month from AmiAmi.com. They only took about a week to arrive from date of postage. Lovely little piece, but I'm glad I got them at retail price and not on eBay. Haven't decided if I'm going to paint mine up or not, I may leave it as-is to be totally cosplay safe. Anyway I have one to use, one to keep spare as a backup and one to send to my Dad :)

For all of you guys who ordered from HLJ and got your blasters almost immediately, what shipping did you have? Mine is listed as SAL shipping on the notification. I'm getting antsy over here waiting for my guns!

I think everyone who has gotten them so far is in Europe. I'm in the same boat as you, SAL to North america, it's like 10-30 days.

I keep missing them on HLJ and other sites. Anyone got one for sale for non-eBay ridiculousness price? I am not asking for $12 retail, I'd go more than that but not $75 :lol

Several here have got a glue-fingerprint on theirs, which indicates that the guns are likely to have been put together with solvent-based plastic adhesive instead of goop. Because they were assembled by hand, there could of course be some guns that easier to pry apart than others.
For most though, it is likely that the only solution would be to carefully saw inside the tinted black part with a razor saw - and then rebuild the removed thickness afterwards.

I could get a scalpel in-between the grip and the frame in some places and score away where they are joined - but you can't do that in the top and bottom. Cutting plastic with a scalpel or box cutter this can be quite dangerous - I have got quite a scar in my left hand from when I slipped when cutting plastic a few years ago.

Last edited:
Thanks for coming back to me - have tried to use a plastic pry tool, but to your point, I think it's glued tight. Will just have to paint round them.

One of my grips was not fully glued down, and even then I didn't dare try to remove it. I should have taken a picture before I fixed it, but I could see that the grips have little tabs that insert into the grey plastic part of the grip. If you were to try to remove the grips you may end up having to cut through or break these tabs, which would make putting them back on difficult.

So yes, another vote for leaving the grips on and taping them off.

One of my grips was not fully glued down, and even then I didn't dare try to remove it. I should have taken a picture before I fixed it, but I could see that the grips have little tabs that insert into the grey plastic part of the grip. If you were to try to remove the grips you may end up having to cut through or break these tabs, which would make putting them back on difficult.

So yes, another vote for leaving the grips on and taping them off.

Masking tape it is! Thanks!

Where I've been off work for the past month due to my HA I'm sure I missed the request for payment on mine as I used my work email. Can't access it from home.

My shipment of 3 Black/Amber guns arrived yesterday (I had to pay a £13 customs charge), I preordered them on a whim over a month from AmiAmi.com. They only took about a week to arrive from date of postage. Lovely little piece, but I'm glad I got them at retail price and not on eBay. Haven't decided if I'm going to paint mine up or not, I may leave it as-is to be totally cosplay safe. Anyway I have one to use, one to keep spare as a backup and one to send to my Dad :)

I had the water guns order on Ami Ami and they canceled my orders for no reason! When I checked the status on the order, it was gone!
I then had to jump on HLJ and order them there. I have the Private Warehouse and wait for enough purchases to make the shipping worth while.

DSC_0427.JPG
DSC_0426.JPG

Here's mine.... Not perfect, still need to tidy things up, and had some issues with the primer, but overall very happy

I just laid down my top coat of silver. Biting my nails hoping the paint doesn't peel when I take off the tape.

Ive had the worst luck with metallic paints before so I'm letting this blaster dry for a long while.

Very cool seeing some finished work from you all (y)cheers

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back