Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

Tomenosuke and Water Gun are pretty damn close. Maybe Takagi used Tomen for the mold and left out some details to avoid any legal problems

notice the rear trigger on the water gun is missing the curve

cZZw0KkU_o.jpg

pcWvvqtN_o.jpg

ONX54QEq_o.jpg

X8cs7OBF_o.jpg

b7CYWEJZ_o.jpg

0ilftGa4_o.jpg

okay, here is what I have so far of my Tomenosuke blaster. if you guys have questions and need more plmk, but get busy and there could be delays

Thanks so much for the detailed pictures. I have saved these as reference for my upcoming blaster project.
I have a Coyle kit, but these will be incredibly useful.

I chose not to replacing any screws and bolts on my water gun. If I would, I would first have to build up bulk inside the hollow water gun for each bolt and head to fit into.

Instead I have (tried to) accurize each larger Allen head screws by having drilled them up, pressed Milliput into them and then carefully imprinted first a Torque driver bit and then an Allen bit. I'll see the result first after the first layer of primer though. I let the smallest ones be, though.
For the countersunk screws in the revolver frame, I have scored their outlines with drill bits for wood — which have spikes on the outside of the tip as well as in the centre. Once I get around to filling imperfections, I will fill the centre holes and then score a slot in those features that should have them.

the "Spacer" piece between the front barrel and magazine frame is removable and made of steel
A metal spacer would be a nice little upgrade for your water gun.
The front behind the spacer on the water gun is "filled in" and some of that intersects with the spacer, so it is not a complete stand-alone cylinder. You could cut it, but then you would also have to fill on the inside to make something for the spacer to hold on to.

sorry for delay not sure if your done, but hope this helps you and others.

the Tomenosuke butt has a sharper edges versus water gun with soft edges.
measurements are in metric
12mm high and the end tip is 9mm. Get styrene sheets, clay, etc.. and stack till you get the exact size, seems easy.

https://images2.imgbox.com/95/f2/BEBvthG8_o.jpg

Thanks for this! This will be extremely helpful when I get around to working on the butt.

Also, thanks so much for all the other photos comparing the two blasters! HUGE help!

Thanks for the comparison pics @Getoninja :thumbsup

you'll like these pics. I picked up two set of grips (amber/clear) from two different Ebay sellers whom originally bought them from you. I guess they didn't need them for their projects.
Grips are from the Takagi water gun and have not been modded. Only took pictures to show how cool clear grips can look on finished water gun blaster.
But not sure if you also make clear grips from Tomen

6Xbqnf3q_o.jpg

U1OsCAyh_o.jpg

977YdcuV_o.jpg

6Xbqnf3q_o.jpg

U1OsCAyh_o.jpg

977YdcuV_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
you'll like these pics. I picked up two set of grips (amber/clear) from two different Ebay sellers whom originally bought them from you. I guess they didn't need them for their projects.
Grips are from the Takagi water gun and have not been modded. Only took pictures to show how cool clear grips can look on finished water gun blaster.
But not sure if you also make clear grips from Tomen

https://images2.imgbox.com/3e/3b/6Xbqnf3q_o.jpg

https://images2.imgbox.com/88/12/U1OsCAyh_o.jpg

https://images2.imgbox.com/38/5e/977YdcuV_o.jpg

Oh my...that looks incredible!!

I'm planning on making a low cost holster for my blaster, planning to use craft foam, an old faux leather jacket and some patience to try and get to a decent level replica.

I looked into buying a real leather one but i thought a low cost option would be in the spirit of the pkd water gun!

Is this something anyone else has looked into? Or would be interested in?

I'll update hopefully when i've made some progress! Thanks!

Kri5

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
With as wildly popular as these water guns were I can't believe Takagi isn't going to do another run. Especially seeing second hand retailers flip them for 8-10x retail.[/h]

Is the butt of the Tomen narrower than the water gun's? I've got the Tomen grips on and now the butt is wider on both sides...

IMG_8006.jpgIMG_8005.jpg

Is the butt of the Tomen narrower than the water gun's? I've got the Tomen grips on and now the butt is wider on both sides...

View attachment 820697View attachment 820698

the Tomen butt and grips are a bit slimmer than the water gun.
If you noticed in the pictures, the water gun's butt gets wider from the back all the way to the front.
The Tomen's butt is consistent in the oval long shape. And the widest is 32mm on the Tomen's butt in the mid section.
Also notice Tomen's grips are a bit slimmer than the water guns'

You just need to sand down, but before, fill in the Butt with 2 part clay or plastic sheets. Cause you may have a hole in the butt.
Hope this helps and let me know any more help.

2nDa4ti7_o.jpg

up3vKHRX_o.jpg

4m8yVcOh_o.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back