Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

I was just thinking as an alternative to resin because of the heat issue, that perhaps a pump action sealant/grip adhesive would suffice to fill and add weight? Thoughts anyone??
sealant.PNG

Last edited:
Nice. Police model I assume? I think I might be the only one in here who is going to actually leave this as a stock form squirt gun lol. I have 3 other blaster kits waiting to get built.

Actually, I do plan on leaving this one in its stock form. Have a couple silver/blue grip ones coming in that I'll be modding instead.

What about filling the gun with sand and then sealing it off for some weight?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Nope!! Acetone will probably dissolve the entire grips:eek
The toy is listed as being made of polystyrene - and acetone is well known to dissolve polystyrene !

The "glue" used to fasten the parts together is most likely one that contained a strong solvent itself, that evaporates - and when that has evaporated, the plastic pieces are welded together.
The weld could be thin in places, however, which is why prying and cutting in the seam line could sometimes work.

The toy is listed as being made of polystyrene - and acetone is well known to dissolve polystyrene !

The "glue" used to fasten the parts together is most likely one that contained a strong solvent itself, that evaporates - and when that has evaporated, the plastic pieces are welded together.
The weld could be thin in places, however, which is why prying and cutting in the seam line could sometimes work.
Many thanks for the heads up.
I'll wait and see if I can pick up the amber grip version rather than risk any mishaps trying to remove the blue ones.

So, the two silver/blue grip pistols arrived in the mail today! One of them was pretty banged up (had a large crack in front of the cocking lever and also on the bottom of the grip). Since I don't plan on using these as water pistols, the second crack's not an issue.

Will have to smooth over the crack on the side, though. The other one's in pretty good shape, no cracks or any noticeable scratches from what I can see. I intend to convert the amber grip version into Deckard's pistol and the blue grip into the standard Police version.

Man I completely missed out on this. looks like a fun project.

If anyone wants to bail on their watergun, cuz got overzealous and ordered like, 8.... shoot me a PM!

:D

So, the two silver/blue grip pistols arrived in the mail today! One of them was pretty banged up (had a large crack in front of the cocking lever and also on the bottom of the grip). Since I don't plan on using these as water pistols, the second crack's not an issue.

That's too bad. Were they not packed well ?

That's too bad. Were they not packed well ?

They were packed one on top of the other, with a piece of cardboard underneath the bottom one.

The one I took off the top is the one that was damaged, so perhaps it got dinged during shipment and took the brunt of it.

FYI the Offworld receiver arrived today, and it even came with the front end and bolt pin! Now I'm just waiting on the binding post and weaver knob.

Thanks Mechanized2400!

Looks great! Mind sharing what paints and primer you used?

Sure thing,

the primer was Krylon Colormaster Ultra Flat in Grey

Then for the reciever 2 light coats of chrome rustoleum, followed by a light light coat of the -legendary- Krylon BBQ Black High Heat

The magazine and cylinder covers are also Krylon gloss black.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back