Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

Hell-of-a-job on removing those seams Kylo1 especially around the barrel and grip frame

the paint job looks incredible as well. Really like the way you did the grip frame :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
VERY nice!!!! Did you use rattle cans to paint it? It came out perfect!

Thank you for the kind comments. Yeah I used regular hycote enamel rattle cans. Satin black for the ammo box, gloss black for the side panels and silver rattle can & rubbed on wiped off black oil paint for the rest

Awesome job dude. I’m about to embark on my own blaster kit, so it’s always helpful to hear how other people have created and finished their projects.

Finished!!!!!! :thumbsup Thanks to everyone here for all the advice and tips that I have found invaluable

IMG_1986.jpgIMG_1987.jpgIMG_1988.jpgIMG_1989.jpgIMG_1990.jpgIMG_1991.jpgIMG_1992.jpgIMG_1996.jpgIMG_1995.jpg

Too good, mate :thumbsup I’d say this is my favorite remodeling and painting.

I’ll be using your blaster as inspiration and hopefully what my could be if I take my time and put in the effort, hahaha.

Looks amazing kylo1!
Love it.
Are those soul inertias grips?
What kind of silver paint did you use on the butt?
And how did you attach the bolt heads on the very bottom?

Looks amazing kylo1!
Love it.
Are those soul inertias grips?
What kind of silver paint did you use on the butt?
And how did you attach the bolt heads on the very bottom?

Thanks ArthurRackham :)

They are the original water pistol grips just coloured in on the inside using a brown Sharpie. The silver paint is just a bog standard acrylic with a touch of graphite powder rubbed in and I simply drilled and glued the bolts into place

Beautifully detailed work Kylo1 . You gotta be well chuffed ! . Congratulations on a terrific build mate , IIRC your first replica mod right !? WOW !

Thanks for sharing ,

:cheersGed

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally finished my first pkd. this one is a three day rush for christmas for my dad to go with his 2049 Johnny Walker bottle. it's the first time I worked worth resin so I overdid it a little, bloated the grips a bit but the end result was great. it weighs 3.5 pounds exactly and weights mostly over the barrel and cylinder. I was guessing the original mag well was black plastic so I left it hollow next to the solid "metal". considering no primer, sanding was half assed plastic only and who cares about drying time with the thing rattle canned I am real happy. Finally figured out Spaz Stix, so..**** gonna be chrome errywhere. can't wait to do the amber ones.

SWCUKuP.jpg

DCVz9Oe.jpg

sK3mX3n.jpg

I can't believe how amazing that looks! Great work, @Kylo1! How did you manage to get the grips off without destroying them? I have 2 guns, one blue and one orange. I tried prying the blue grips off with an X-Acto and they literally shattered. I want to try painting the outside of the water tank with some black and silver (to replicate the visible revolver handle), but don't want to break the grips into a million pieces. My goal is to keep the water gun aspect intact, but have it look as screen accurate as possible.

Last edited:
I can't believe how amazing that looks! Great work, @Kylo1! How did you manage to get the grips off without destroying them? I have 2 guns, one blue and one orange. I tried prying the blue grips off with an X-Acto and they literally shattered. I want to try painting the outside of the water tank with some black and silver (to replicate the visible revolver handle), but don't want to break the grips into a million pieces. My goal is to keep the water gun aspect intact, but have it look as screen accurate as possible.

Many thanks for that mostridigomma. I was very lucky in the fact that the grips were not glued and so popped right off. Others that have been glued, I believe people are just being very careful with an exacto knife (or similar)

Good luck with the project....looking forward to seeing its progress

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back