Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

Was in Kobe city today and came across these. Snatched one up while they were still cheap:
DSC_0261.JPGThe benefits of living in Japan.

Received notification that the clear black/amber grip pistol from eBay and the two silver/blue grip pistols from HLJ shipped this week :) Super excited to have these in hand so I can start my mods!

In the spirit of paying it forward, this was the site I was going to buy from before Blade Walker found that cheaper Ebay link. 2,000 yen for the blaster and I think the cheapest shipping option is another 1,200 yen or so so total will still be cheaper than that one Ebay link I already ordered from.
http://impulse101.jp/en/japan-goods/fullcock-takagi-type-m2019-waterblaster-3489

edit:
airmail is 1,300 yen and EMS is 2,200 yen

Thanks for the heads up!! Finally got the Amber Grip version. Now I have 4 of them though. 3 blue and 1 amber. Gonna add some weight, clean and paint them. Can't wait to finally have a blade runner blaster.

In the spirit of paying it forward, this was the site I was going to buy from before Blade Walker found that cheaper Ebay link. 2,000 yen for the blaster and I think the cheapest shipping option is another 1,200 yen or so so total will still be cheaper than that one Ebay link I already ordered from.
http://impulse101.jp/en/japan-goods/fullcock-takagi-type-m2019-waterblaster-3489

edit:

You are the wind beneath my wings. ;)

That may be a bit of a challenge. Splitting it open breaks the water tight seal all around the clamshell. Unless you're able to reseal everything back on top of whatever mods you'll be doing, I think it would be an easier approach to put a smaller water reservoir (some kind of repurposed plastic bottle) inside the grip.

anybody know the type of plastic its made of?
sorry don't know the type of plastics, only how they feel to me

is made of that hard plastic, which most water guns are made of, or like model kits?

or like water bottle type plastic, which there is a few water guns made of this type of plastic?

is made of that hard plastic, which most water guns are made of, or like model kits?

or like water bottle type plastic, which there is a few water guns made of this type of plastic?

It's made of good sturdy plastic. It doesn't feel flexible like water bottle plastic.

How are these size wise? Are they 1/1 to the real prop?
Hopefully I can get one.

As this model is based off the higher-end Takagi PKD replica (which retailed for around $600) I would assume it's accurately sized.

Looking at the product pics, I'd say these are made of injection-molded styrene, so as Candykiller said they're sturdy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was just delivered. Have to wait till I get home tonight to see it. Fast delivery service, it left Japan Tuesday!

thanks guys for the quick replies, just ordered one

edit:

thanks for the link, got my order in
and only paid about $9.00 over retail. Not a bad deal

And can't wait to see what mods you guys do, This will help some of us out

But I hope the company keeps making these water blasters and after a while we could get them at retail. Would love to own a few of these with different color grips

Last edited:
Alright, someone mercifully put me out me out of my misery so I don't have to read all 7 pages.

What was the final cost (on the average) with shipping for 1 water gun?!

-Rylo

Mine just arrived from Hobby Search - one of each. I don't have another version to compare against, but it's a good size in the hand and is reasonably detailed for what it is. Although looking at it now, I feel like it's a gateway drug to a more expensive replica.

If I recall correctly, one shipped would have been $20-$25 to the U.S.

Alright, someone mercifully put me out me out of my misery so I don't have to read all 7 pages.

What was the final cost (on the average) with shipping for 1 water gun?!

-Rylo

from Impulse101 I paid $33.26 (3,541 Yen) shipped from Japan to California, US. 2171 yen for gun and 1370 yen for shipping

retail is about 12yen or around $11.00
Gun is only sold in Japan. not sure where made
not sure if made for a limited time only

But if this gun is made in China, maybe there could be Knock Offs version down the road

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back