Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

man, these 12 dollar squirt guns are going for as much as 20 times that now. I missed this particular boat hard.

I agree. I thought since they sold so well, Takagi was going to make more, but no. It seems Japanese companies are strict, once its gone, its gone.

But I was also expecting these to be knocked off from China, Cause these water guns are very easy to copy, and would be a easy sell. But I guess not either.

And Takagi or knock off companies doesn't even have to sell them as water guns. Just sell them as unbuilt clear kits without the water gun feature.
Especially how many are gutting them to add lights and extra internal details.
Well one can only wish

the Tomen butt and grips are a bit slimmer than the water gun.
If you noticed in the pictures, the water gun's butt gets wider from the back all the way to the front.
The Tomen's butt is consistent in the oval long shape. And the widest is 32mm on the Tomen's butt in the mid section.
Also notice Tomen's grips are a bit slimmer than the water guns'

You just need to sand down, but before, fill in the Butt with 2 part clay or plastic sheets. Cause you may have a hole in the butt.
Hope this helps and let me know any more help.

https://images2.imgbox.com/81/d1/2nDa4ti7_o.jpg

https://images2.imgbox.com/2d/01/up3vKHRX_o.jpg

https://images2.imgbox.com/d4/4f/4m8yVcOh_o.jpg

Excellent! Thanks again for these comparison pics. I've already filled the butt with Apoxie Sculpt, so all I need to do is sand it so it's flush with the grips.

I know I posted it in another thread, but I'm excited and wanted to share it with you guys because this thread and all the awesome work people have done with their water guns has been an endless source of inspiration!

Here's my new water gun conversion so far!
IMG_9614.JPG

IMG_9615.JPG

hard to believe these are made from cheap water pistols,they look so good!brilliant work you guys :thumbsup

Thanks for posting those links!

I originally missed the boat on these too. I picked one up just now. With shipping and paypal fee, it ran me $46 for a blue one. While not cheap, it's still cheaper than they are going for even on Ebay.. :facepalm

I wouldn’t worry about the grip color even the orange ones are pretty awful. I replaced mine with soulinertia’s resin grips.
Even with just a coat of primer these things look amazingly good.

You can get the blue grip one here
http://impulse101.jp/en/japan-goods/fullcock-takagi-type-m2019-waterblaster-silver-ver-3552
Most I hope to ever spend on a squirt gun. Is the 3d print file still available for the barrel insert or the grip frame section, I would like to print my own. How about the replacement grips?
46.13United States Dollar shipped!
Dont know if anyone is interested but here is a model of the unicorn for 3d printing and a replacement piece for the led under section, dont know if it will fit this gun without adjustment though.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2403164
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2492119
or print your own
https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-deckards-blaster-blade-runner-5694

Last edited by a moderator:
Been busy working on my water gun the past few weeks. Here is some of the progress I've made:

I glued in a spring to allow for trigger movement and then sealed it all up. Hopefully the spring never breaks because I'd have to cut it open to access it.
IMG_7981.jpgIMG_8166.jpg

I screwed on the buttplate to the grip, then glued it in place so it won't come off. I also sanded down the sides to make it match up with the Tomen grips.
IMG_8164.jpgIMG_8167.jpg

I recently ordered a pair of cast pewter replicas of the two knobs from Tip Top Workshop to replace the molded ones on the water gun. They came in great shape! I've only drilled the hole for one of them so far, but it's sitting in there with friction until the gun is painted and I can glue it in place.
IMG_8305.jpg

I finally got around to removing the molded sight rod and am currently cleaning up that section and adding in the missing detail. I've ordered a new sight rod from Shapeways that I'll be using.
IMG_8181.jpg

As for the Tomen grips, I was having trouble with the Apoxie Sculpt crumbling when I tried to insert the upper screws, so I came up with a solution. I have a bunch of white RC ball link pieces lying around and noticed that the holes in them are the perfect size for the screws. They're made out of a fairly soft plastic that provides a tight hold when the screws are screwed into them. I drilled out a hole in the grip frame large enough for one of the ball links, cut the ball link to size, and glued it into the grip frame. Now I can actually screw the grips in tightly!
IMG_8307.jpg

Here's what it looks like at the moment with the grips screwed in. It feels great being one solid piece now.
IMG_8311.jpgIMG_8312.jpgIMG_8309.jpgIMG_8310.jpg

The biggest thing I still need to do is clear out the magazine compartment so it can slide in and out and attach with magnets. Looking forward to giving it a fresh coat of primer so I can start cleaning up the finer details and little mistakes.

Stay tuned!

Hey Darth Brass, I would highly recommend replacing the plastic grips with resin ones as they look so much better and are a lot stronger and durable.

However if you're sure you want to preserve the plastic ones and they're proving tough to remove I've found the best approach is to carefully and slowly cut the pins holding the grips to the frame through the side of the smokey grey frame between the grips, either by rocking a sharp exacto blade back and forth or drilling through with a fine drill bit, then carefully cut and leaver the grips free.
This is the best approach as the frame is easier to patch and repair later than have the plastic grips crack on you.

Its not immediately obvious but there is a plastic chamber underneath giving the grips support because they are actually quite flimsy, so once you get the grips free you'll notice they are very thin and won't hold up to much handling without that support.
If you're removing the insides to fit a frame in there and then replacing the grips without this support it would only be any good as a display piece as the grips feel like your handling egg shells.
For me the blaster is as much a tactile piece as it is a visual one which is why I'd recommend the resin grips, they not only look better but feel so much better too.

good luck :)

Finally got a coat of primer on my blaster - super pleased with how it's looking so far. It needs some touch up work especially around the fine detailing, but after that it should be ready for paint. I replaced the magazine with a resin cast I ordered from Richard Coyle and the sight rod I ordered from Shapeways - really elevates it to a new level.

IMG_8441.jpgIMG_8438.jpgIMG_8437.jpgIMG_8460.jpgIMG_8465.jpgIMG_8466.jpg

I'm in San Francisco for the next 3 months so I won't be able to work on it until I get back home, but I'm excited to get it finished up! I'm having a blast with this project and I'm 100% addicted to the PKD now :lol

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back