Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

I received mine from Impulse today that I had ordered last Thursday. Lots of small scratches in the amber grip - and a glue fingerprint. ARGH!
Now I would have to find a good plastic polish ...

I still have not decided on the level of conversion that I am going to do... as I usually go totally overboard with these things.
Things that I could do without cutting in it:
- Add semicircle at back of rear trigger. Would make it non-working, but it has lousy action anyway.
- Score a circle around the facing thumbscrew - or cut it off and put it back on again.
- Make lines at back of receiver thinner.
- Fill around bolts in near the barrel muzzle.
- Cut off the fake bolt at the bottom of the front of the receiver and replace it with a hole and what looks like a bolt.

Maybe I should just leave it alone until I have actually completed other props.

I got a delivery from Japan yesterday. I was a bit confused by the size of the box because I only paid for shipping of the clear black version. I purchased both the clear black and clear silver models but only got a shipping notice for the black one. There was no indication that I was getting both but I was pleasantly surprised. These things are pretty cool!

Water_Pistol01.jpg

Last edited:
Just got e-mail notification that the two silver/blue grip pistols I ordered have arrived at Customs in Toronto, so hopefully they'll arrive sometime tomorrow. Haven't really heard anything back on the clear black/amber grip pistol yet.

I plan on doing quite a few modifications, including replacing the receiver with one that has the correct text (will also help add some weight) and adding a real binding post and Weaver knob. Also want to replace the side attachment with the green LEDs with an accurate part. See just which parts I can get my hands on.

Was thinking of maybe installing a metal barrel and grip frame, but perhaps that's going a little overboard with it, lol. Not sure if I'm going to add working LEDs for the cartridge and side attachment, but definitely want real LEDs installed to at least give it the right look.

Last edited:
I got extremely lucky with my order. I was going to order through amazon.jp and even set up an account with one of those hub locations in Japan that would receive it and ship it to the states. I checked one more site that had it in and bought it right then.

Now my wife makes fun of me for buying a $30 squirt gun. I explained the prop and how much basic kits usually go for and she kinda understood. Still makes fun of me though.

Crazy how quickly these sell out, within minutes of folks posting links to a new supply :wacko

HA, HA!!! Welcome to my life. This little water pistol has become my white rhino.
I think I have more chance of finding Bigfoot than timing a restock just right to order.

This is I deserve for not pre-ordering.

I found an ebay gift card laying around the house, so I ended up buying one from an ebay scalper lol. I'm curious to see how you guys end up modding yours. I'm looking forward to painting up mine. Leds would be cool, too.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back