Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

Anyone else received their Soulinertia grips yet? Having trouble getting mine to fit and want to see what others have done to get them to work, might just need to trim them up a bunch but I dont know how to really work the grips without messing them up.

Just want to note it was user error above, just needed a bit of sanding on teh bottoms to fit, and making sure the water gun grip area is 100% even and smoothe!

I drilled through the allen holes, but need to do the larger bit for the bolt head...I think the grips are a m3?

How is everyone cutting off the fake LED areas on the sight on the left? That seems like a tricky thing to cleanly cut down and get flush. Or is the trick just to dring the ends down enough to glue an LED on there and cover up whats left behind it?

How is everyone cutting off the fake LED areas on the sight on the left? That seems like a tricky thing to cleanly cut down and get flush. Or is the trick just to dring the ends down enough to glue an LED on there and cover up whats left behind it?
Fine tooth razor saw straight down to the receiver and then down the length of the receiver back to front for the rear led, straight down at the front but protect the receiver and ammo case with thin card or similiar to stop saw marks. It's more awkward to cut from front to back to take the front led off and you may need to dremel the remains off. Also better if the body is filled with something solid so any filler can sit on it without dropping into the gun.

Thanks, I ended up using a cylinder dremel bit to just grind down enough space for the LED to fit on and left the rest of the stub there behind it.

Finally calling this done. Went back and forth on the brass screws on the grips because they are a departure from anything used on the original, but I thought they went well with the pearl. All of the LEDs are just glued on. The piece on the front of the reciever was from the inside of a small faucet filter. There are only a few added greeblies here and there, but it’s really amazing what can be done with this squirt gun.

92CDC524-B37A-4593-BB30-1A995549A76D.jpegAB85B441-24CA-4086-8CAA-223255F2C305.jpegDFC48C0E-EE62-4B0F-B745-7DBB6922C2A1.jpegE54420A3-6DB2-4350-AD7B-F5EB9D7EF599.jpeg721DCC9D-8794-4F49-BDD6-020C6D04831C.jpeg77F57FDB-94FE-4FFB-A027-6BD95ADA5FBE.jpeg8F4418F9-B037-4666-BC9E-1420F82123A9.jpeg4B560515-B129-45A2-B7F2-8BA75C36B660.jpegC50651C7-8BA3-4C0E-BFDB-30AEC5E56AA5.jpeg

Last edited:
Any one used rub n buff on these to simulate a metal finish in certain areas? The graphite powder thing is ok but a shade too dark for the finish I'm trying to achieve.
Not rub n buff specifically but I used a similar method (spray on a piece of cloth, let dry, rub on) to put silver on mine on page 36.

Well the project slowly continues and over the weekend I have managed to completely fill with resin and also added some threaded rods in the receiver to give that extra bit of heft (you can make them out in the photo). I filled the grip area first to see what the heat issue was like (and it did get very warm!) but when I found that it didn't affect or warp the plastic, I then continued to fill the receiver area. I has also cut down the barrel to accommodate the orange barrel tip and acquired the front receiver greeblie from Shapeways........photos of that coming soon
IMG_1773.jpgIMG_1774.jpgIMG_1775.jpg

I have just received my blue handle version from an Amazon order. I was able to remove the handles intact with the help of my trusty #17 blade. This project is going to incorporate a number of firsts for me (casting and molding) I would like to ask, what others are doing to maintaining the trigger mechanism if possible? I have read of breaking but have not seen anything on building a new spring structure. Tank removal is next, Xacto saw to the rescue. thanks for all the inspiration here.

IMG_20171021_130006686.jpgIMG_20171021_125349587.jpgIMG_20171021_125334138.jpg

Guess I am late to the game unless I want to pay $70+ for one of these. I can't believe how much they are! :/

Guess I am late to the game unless I want to pay $70+ for one of these. I can't believe how much they are! :/
I know. I have one but wish I'd picked up a couple more. With luck they will be re-released at a later date.

Sent from my brain using the Tapatalk monkeys

Yeah, thank scalpers for that. If you shop around you can get cheaper but nowhere near the original rrp. Unfortunately they are, for some people, the only way of getting a decent base replica at a ok price. I've seen dreadful resin copies of this already on evilbay for$100+ and people are bidding on it.

Going to do the 'metal' segments of the PKD this evening, picked up some rub n' buff silver leaf - but also have some graffite powder.
Which of the two have people had more success with (as far as creating a realistic metal effect)?

Going to do the 'metal' segments of the PKD this evening, picked up some rub n' buff silver leaf - but also have some graffite powder.
Which of the two have people had more success with (as far as creating a realistic metal effect)?

I used rub and buff and it worked pretty well. never used it before and it did get a bit messy so less is more and then build it up I found. also when you have enough coverage buff, buff then buff some more you can get a great finish almost mirror / shiny but you need to really polish it.

I used rub and buff and it worked pretty well. never used it before and it did get a bit messy so less is more and then build it up I found. also when you have enough coverage buff, buff then buff some more you can get a great finish almost mirror / shiny but you need to really polish it.
Tried it. Good initial effect but does rub off after handling. It's ok if you want it as a display piece.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back