Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

Some more mold action . . .

eqViFdDl.jpg

Zkp6Sbpl.jpg

Quick question , some guys are making their own resin grips by placing the supplied ones hollow side down , while others like Soulinertia has them hollow side up ( the silicone moulds ) . Does it make any difference , or is either way just as good ?

Ged

Quick question , some guys are making their own resin grips by placing the supplied ones hollow side down , while others like Soulinertia has them hollow side up ( the silicone moulds ) . Does it make any difference , or is either way just as good ?

Ged

Yeah, I just flipped em after curing for the pic.

OK, I'm in. :cool I didn't want to jinx my package in transit by talking about it early, but my orange-grips Fullcock PKD has arrived.

Huge thanks to 829Japan, the #1 hero of this thread, who has generously supplied who knows how many of us now with those sweet, sweet orange grips. Too cool!

Thread coming soon. But boy, this thing hardly even needs any work! Here it is unmodified:

PKD 00.JPG

I actually had to "enhance" the other parts of that photo just to balance how good the blaster looks. I can't believe this is just a transparent squirt gun. It looks awesome. I'm not sure I'm even going to paint it!

(Luckily, I got a blue-grips too as a backup, so I'll be painting something...but maybe not right away.)

HLJ canceled my 2nd order for the clear black guns. They had them up Sept 9th for short time so I ordered 2. The email said 'Despite attempting to locate stock on the item(s) shown below, we have been unsuccessful. We have contacted our suppliers and understand that, at this time, there are no plans to produce any more in the foreseeable future. As such, we have removed the following item(s) from your outstanding order(s).'
Very depressing though I do already have 2 clear blue and 2 clear black. Just wanted a couple extra for different color customs.

Wow, looks like the run is done. Now sit back and watch the scalpers drive the prices on eBay even higher!

Thought I'd re post to see if there was any feedback before the cutting starts.
I was thinking of shortening the handle on mine just so I could use the spare grips off my Sidkit what do you lot think, it's not that much shorter.
20170930_192019_HDR.jpg
View attachment 762699

Last edited:
Thought I'd re post to see if there was any feedback before the cutting starts.
I was thinking of shortening the handle on mine just so I could use the spare grips off my Sidkit what do you lot think, it's not that much shorter.

I personally wouldn't cut it... if there are any future mods released for the handle (such as the 3d printed bulldog frame) they'd be made for the default blaster size? Up to you, either way it'll look awesome :D

Last edited:
Just wanted to post up my own finished build, big thanks to 829Japan for getting me one of these pistols, Candykiller for his graphite weathering tips and wayouteast for the screw and bolt sizes, I used the 3D file modelled by avagoyamug for the front detail, but I used a local PLA 3D printing company which unfortunately couldn't replicate the central finial detail well so I ended up cobbling that part together with random bits. I created my own decal for the on/off switch and drilled out the old switch and replaced with a new one made from styrene, I added the raised crosshairs on the forward detail on the battery pack with the red LED and engraved the missing ones on the back crosshairs with my jewellers files. I added the wiring to the sight rod and then locked off the trigger so it didn't move (its only going to be a display piece) and added the missing circular detail to the back of the second trigger. The rest of the mods were simply replacing fake screws and bolts like others have done. Went for an in between brand new and world con level of weathering in the end but I'm pretty happy with the results. Next I'm going to design myself a display stand for it!
View attachment IMG_20171002_134456.jpgView attachment IMG_20171002_134603.jpgView attachment IMG_20171002_134627.jpgView attachment IMG_20171002_134641.jpgView attachment IMG_20171002_134659.jpgView attachment IMG_20171002_134944.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back