Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

If anybody figures out how to buy these please post here...I can't get Yahoo Japan to convert to English :cry

Amazon.jp seem to have them in stock at the moment for 2,479 yen (about $23) for the clear black/orange and 1,680 yen ($15) for the clear silver / blue. No idea what shipping cost would be (I'm in the UK) or indeed even if they ship to the US (they don't ship to the UK). So you might need a friend in Japan! Do a search for "Tagaki Type 2019 Blaster" or for "Fullcock".

Amazon.jp seem to have them in stock at the moment for 2,479 yen (about $23) for the clear black/orange and 1,680 yen ($15) for the clear silver / blue. No idea what shipping cost would be (I'm in the UK) or indeed even if they ship to the US (they don't ship to the UK). So you might need a friend in Japan! Do a search for "Tagaki Type 2019 Blaster" or for "Fullcock".

link please

Well, I've tried the amazon.jp thing, and it says it can't ship to my address (USA). Not sure why. But it does seem to be in stock.

Has anyone successfully imported one of these into Canada? I"m wondering if there will be a Customs problem. Yes, it's a water pistol, but it doesn't have the orange tip, so they may look at it as something other than a toy.

TazMan2000

Has anyone successfully imported one of these into Canada? I"m wondering if there will be a Customs problem. Yes, it's a water pistol, but it doesn't have the orange tip, so they may look at it as something other than a toy.

TazMan2000

Yes. This and many other blaster replicas, I have never had a problem. If it doesn't highly resemble an actual existing firearm, you will not have an issue. It just might get tied up for a bit if they have to screen it.

Everything on this wall was imported except the airsoft pulse rifle.

thewall.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 754211 View attachment 754212 View attachment 754213 View attachment 754214

My build is nearing the finish line, so it's time to share. Thanks for all the inspiration in this thread!

After a lot of debate, the grip on my blaster was filled with hot glue, as I was trying to save my remaining clear resin for another project. I made an additional hole at the top of the grip to fill the upper chamber. I added the glue in layers so it didn't melt the grip. I was able to speed up the process by wrapping the gip in a flexible cold pack, which also helped avoid any overheating. The hot glue made for a slow process overall, and I'd probably just go for clear resin if I was to do it again. The main body is filled with sand, and I mounted 3mm dummy LEDs where necessary. That made a HUGE difference in the realism of the prop. Cutting the holes for the green sight LEDs took some care, but it's worth it.

Base coat was done in black enamel (rattle can), then wet sanded and polished. Receiver got a thin coat of airbrushed gun metal, then more polishing, then weathering. I'm planning to make the inner bolt area a little more silver on the next paint pass. Should look pretty good.

I own way more PKD blasters than any man needs, so I was OK with leaving a few of the water gun details as-is for this build. ie: missing nose details, missing butt plate bolts, etc.
I think it lets some character come through, and it makes this prop a little different from my other PKD blasters.

I need to make one more pass at the final weathering, and it should be done. Whew!

That is beautiful.

i managed to get one with the amber grips earlier this morning ($73au all up to Aus)
normally anything from Amazon takes 2wks to get over here but this one won't be delivered apparently for another 4-6wks :(
worth it though if i can get it finished anything like candykillers :thumbsup

Well done mate. I hope it gets through customs for you ok. Another reason why I won't pay the ridiculous prices they are going for ATM.

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

yeah, pretty ridiculous for a water pistol but i've wanted a blaster of my own for a long time now (and i'm not a gun person) but as beautiful as the replicas are, at $1000plus, no chance on my budget!

Hi everyone, sorry if it looks like a "hit and run" registration since I am not really into replicas (I am more of a model car guy). But I love Adam Savage and Blade Runner so when I saw his video about this water gun and how eBay sellers are trying to rip you guys off I thought I should try to help.
I live in Japan and can order the water gun from Amazon.jp (someone posted the link already). If you need one I'll buy it and ship it to you at cost. With shipping and Paypal fee the total should be around $30 to North America or Europe (cheaper for the blue one).
Just a warning : on the Amazon Japan reviews some customers complained their water gun came broken. What I get is what you get, no refund.
Let me know if you are interested. No reseller please as I want to help people who are actually trying to get those at a reasonable price.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back