Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

Nice!
What do you think went wrong with the primer? Might help others avoid the same issue to hear.

Thanks! Not sure. The only thing I did differently this time from any other times I've used the same primer is that I suspended it from a piece of string, outside. For some reason this put "texture" in the primer. I sanded some away, but didn't want to go too heavy for fear of losing some detail

Where I've been off work for the past month due to my HA I'm sure I missed the request for payment on mine as I used my work email. Can't access it from home.

If you used a CC it might have been automated. Mine was, just processed the payment and shipped without me doing anything.

IMG_6341.JPG

So as you can see the metallic paint didn't peel. However, I do have lots of little spots where the silver snuck through the tape.

So after all the mending I'll have to do, I think I'll be okay with it. Then on to weathering.

Or I'll dislike it and start all over hahah

Thanks, mate :cheers I'm partial to it if I'm being honest.

Thinking I'll darken the barrel, trigger guard, triggers, frame, and butt. Then weather it all. And here's to hoping that I can clean up whats needed so I don't have to star over.

ill look into better tape and when I'm finished decide if I want to re-do.

Mine arrived in the UK from HLJ today!

Got some time off work coming up so will at least make a start on the enhancements I've planned, which are hopefully to add weight, add some detailing to the front of the receiver, maybe replace the head of the binding post (to partially hide the limitations of the casting there), full paint and weathering and, again hopefully, add LEDs and battery access via the bottom of the magazine if I can work out the best way of getting into the innards without cracking or otherwise messing up the plastic.

Talking of which, anybody managed to successfully get inside the pistol yet? If so, any tips? Razor saw? Careful prising apart? I have a spare that's gone to a friend in Tokyo but want to try and modify both while keeping them both 'intact'! So any hints from anyone brave enough to make the first cut (!) will be very welcome!

I haven't taken mine out of the packet yet. It's a blue grip one, so I think I'll be going the police blaster route on the mods. Has anyone tried filling with resin from the water pour hole for heft?

My clear black/amber grip pistol arrived in the mail today (does happy dance) :D Dang, it's kewl:

DSC07483.JPG

I'm so excited to receive this, as I've never owned (and therefore never held) a Blade Runner pistol before. It's impressive, even for just a toy water gun.

Got a binding post and weaver knob on their way, along with an Offworld receiver with text more accurate than what's stamped into the top of this.

I'm hoping to get my hands on an accurate LED sight rod and perhaps a grip upgrade set to round it out. Also intend to add LEDs (not sure if they'll be working) and a removable clip in order to be able to access the insides.

Now I'm REALLY excited to get started modding this thing!

A word of warning: The large amount of heat generated by a fast kicking resin has the potential to distort the thin styrene shell, so if anyone is planning to fill the water gun with resin for added weight, be sure to either use a slow setting resin (like the clear that Candykiller used), or only fill a little bit at a time (allowing the blaster to cool between pours). I learned this after a pair of grips that I'd cut off and backfilled warped while curing... fortunately, grips can be replaced, but I'd hate to see someone's entire blaster get trashed.

Received my 4 blasters today, two amber and two blue. Really love them. I don't have any other BR blaster that have come out previously due to being too expensive or missing out because being late to the game. These will do but I hope now with the release of the new movie some reasonable blasters are released and I can score a more accurate BR gun.

Candykiller, love what you did with yours on the other link. :thumbsup

Another review on the water blaster. It's in Japanese but has plenty to say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4wHs2MtQyA

I love his channel but I wish he had english subtitles. He has so many cool vids I wish I could understand including a great one on the only air soft BRB that I know of..

Looks like his gun arrived really beat up, and on top of that he snapped his trigger. Id heard thats a problem with these so be careful when shooting them folks!
I think I'll just use mine for display. They dont seem to be to sturdy.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back