Subscribe
    From
    Ontario, Canada
    Aug 10, 2017, 11:24 AM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #251

theflightyellz said: View Post
    From the sounds of it, you won't have much of the original shell left by the time you've done all of that!
    Nope, lol. It would have a good heft and feel to it though after all those mods
  2. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Aug 10, 2017, 12:25 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #252

Back in stock on HLJ for the orange handles, I've ordered one! :-D
    From
    Madison, WI
    Aug 10, 2017, 12:37 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #253

Just says discontinued to me...

https://hlj.com/product/FCK61046/bang_bang
  4. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Aug 10, 2017, 12:44 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #254

Crap! Everytime that I click on one of those links, they are sold out..😔😔
    From
    Ontario, Canada
    Aug 10, 2017, 12:56 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #255

Crazy how quickly these sell out, within minutes of folks posting links to a new supply
    From
    Cheboygan, MI
    Aug 10, 2017, 12:57 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #256

With something like the blade runner blaster, if you don't get on pre-orders you're probably not going to find one.
    Aug 10, 2017, 4:23 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #257

I got extremely lucky with my order. I was going to order through amazon.jp and even set up an account with one of those hub locations in Japan that would receive it and ship it to the states. I checked one more site that had it in and bought it right then.

Now my wife makes fun of me for buying a $30 squirt gun. I explained the prop and how much basic kits usually go for and she kinda understood. Still makes fun of me though.
  8. I pee excellence. RPF Premium Member Win7ermute's Avatar
    From
    Western Canada
    Aug 10, 2017, 4:35 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #258

Darth Lars said: View Post
    It says "Fullcock" on the back.
    o thank gawd. I thought you might have gotten one of those fake, non-Fullcock replicas that are going around. Crisis averted.
    Aug 10, 2017, 6:48 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #259

Eric Ardros said: View Post
    Crazy how quickly these sell out, within minutes of folks posting links to a new supply
    HA, HA!!! Welcome to my life. This little water pistol has become my white rhino.
    I think I have more chance of finding Bigfoot than timing a restock just right to order.

This is I deserve for not pre-ordering.
  10. Mance Vader RPF Premium Member MCM's Avatar
    From
    Baltimore
    Aug 10, 2017, 6:58 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #260

I found an ebay gift card laying around the house, so I ended up buying one from an ebay scalper lol. I'm curious to see how you guys end up modding yours. I'm looking forward to painting up mine. Leds would be cool, too.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    From
    London, Albion
    Aug 11, 2017, 4:31 AM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #261

Blue grip blaster showed up, but it's really not in great condition. Why on earth they decided to leave the orange cap loose is anyones guess, whole body is covered in scratches from it moving around! The sprue marks on the grip are pretty nasty, there's a big glue thumbprint on there as well - so may have to rethink how I paint this one. Still have an orange grips version coming to do they classic version, but considering getting the blue grips hydrodipped in carbon fibre so it's somewhere between the classic and the new Gosling blaster.
  12. RPF Premium Member spiderfan11's Avatar
    From
    Milwaukee, WI
    Aug 11, 2017, 8:54 AM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #262

For all of you guys who ordered from HLJ and got your blasters almost immediately, what shipping did you have? Mine is listed as SAL shipping on the notification. I'm getting antsy over here waiting for my guns!
    From
    London, Albion
    Aug 11, 2017, 8:56 AM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #263

Ordered mine through HLJ via SAL and it showed up yesterday, you shouldn't have much more of a wait.
    Orange grips version showed up an hour or so ago, in much better condition than the silver/blue (thankfully).
    Aug 11, 2017, 9:57 AM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #264

Dunno if this ships to the states or not, or anything else about it. But this could be helpful to someone still looking (If it works?)

https://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/m...704186000.html
    From
    Suffolk
    Aug 11, 2017, 10:04 AM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #265

My shipment of 3 Black/Amber guns arrived yesterday (I had to pay a 13 customs charge), I preordered them on a whim over a month from AmiAmi.com. They only took about a week to arrive from date of postage. Lovely little piece, but I'm glad I got them at retail price and not on eBay. Haven't decided if I'm going to paint mine up or not, I may leave it as-is to be totally cosplay safe. Anyway I have one to use, one to keep spare as a backup and one to send to my Dad
  16. I pee excellence. RPF Premium Member Win7ermute's Avatar
    From
    Western Canada
    Aug 11, 2017, 10:07 AM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #266

spiderfan11 said: View Post
    For all of you guys who ordered from HLJ and got your blasters almost immediately, what shipping did you have? Mine is listed as SAL shipping on the notification. I'm getting antsy over here waiting for my guns!
    I think everyone who has gotten them so far is in Europe. I'm in the same boat as you, SAL to North america, it's like 10-30 days.
  17. RPF Premium Member spiderfan11's Avatar
    From
    Milwaukee, WI
    Aug 11, 2017, 10:13 AM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #267

Win7ermute said: View Post
    I think everyone who has gotten them so far is in Europe. I'm in the same boat as you, SAL to North america, it's like 10-30 days.
    Good to hear I'm not alone. I was getting concerned!
    Aug 11, 2017, 12:34 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #268

I keep missing them on HLJ and other sites. Anyone got one for sale for non-eBay ridiculousness price? I am not asking for $12 retail, I'd go more than that but not $75
  19. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Aug 11, 2017, 3:27 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #269

Right- finally got mine. Anyone have any ideas on how to remove the grips easily without damaging the rest ?
  20. RPF Premium Member Darth Lars's Avatar
    From
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Aug 11, 2017, 4:20 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #270

Several here have got a glue-fingerprint on theirs, which indicates that the guns are likely to have been put together with solvent-based plastic adhesive instead of goop. Because they were assembled by hand, there could of course be some guns that easier to pry apart than others.
    For most though, it is likely that the only solution would be to carefully saw inside the tinted black part with a razor saw - and then rebuild the removed thickness afterwards.

I could get a scalpel in-between the grip and the frame in some places and score away where they are joined - but you can't do that in the top and bottom. Cutting plastic with a scalpel or box cutter this can be quite dangerous - I have got quite a scar in my left hand from when I slipped when cutting plastic a few years ago.
    Last edited by Darth Lars; Aug 11, 2017 at 4:34 PM.
  21. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Aug 11, 2017, 4:33 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #271

Thanks for coming back to me - have tried to use a plastic pry tool, but to your point, I think it's glued tight. Will just have to paint round them.
    From
    Vermont, USA
    Aug 11, 2017, 4:43 PM - Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #272

One of my grips was not fully glued down, and even then I didn't dare try to remove it. I should have taken a picture before I fixed it, but I could see that the grips have little tabs that insert into the grey plastic part of the grip. If you were to try to remove the grips you may end up having to cut through or break these tabs, which would make putting them back on difficult.

So yes, another vote for leaving the grips on and taping them off.
  23. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Aug 11, 2017, 4:56 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #273

Agent RayBans said: View Post
    One of my grips was not fully glued down, and even then I didn't dare try to remove it. I should have taken a picture before I fixed it, but I could see that the grips have little tabs that insert into the grey plastic part of the grip. If you were to try to remove the grips you may end up having to cut through or break these tabs, which would make putting them back on difficult.

So yes, another vote for leaving the grips on and taping them off.
    Masking tape it is! Thanks!
  24. Gone but not forgotten.
    From
    Danville KY
    Aug 12, 2017, 4:55 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #274

Where I've been off work for the past month due to my HA I'm sure I missed the request for payment on mine as I used my work email. Can't access it from home.
  25. Member Since
    Dec 2010
    From
    Southern California
    Aug 12, 2017, 7:10 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #275

RobWolf said: View Post
    My shipment of 3 Black/Amber guns arrived yesterday (I had to pay a 13 customs charge), I preordered them on a whim over a month from AmiAmi.com. They only took about a week to arrive from date of postage. Lovely little piece, but I'm glad I got them at retail price and not on eBay. Haven't decided if I'm going to paint mine up or not, I may leave it as-is to be totally cosplay safe. Anyway I have one to use, one to keep spare as a backup and one to send to my Dad
    I had the water guns order on Ami Ami and they canceled my orders for no reason! When I checked the status on the order, it was gone!
    I then had to jump on HLJ and order them there. I have the Private Warehouse and wait for enough purchases to make the shipping worth while.