006a93ed474e2594b6081e4cbabfa0ce.jpg
0f805dab4d5adb23b3fca54c301b2145.jpg

87433a3a8b8be85124560c4390284aab.jpg

52ba1cf53047377ece4021fcbfec4dc9.jpg
AT- AT on deck

Last edited:
Holy Space Balls Batman!

Ridiculous Awesomeness !

I just bought my first Bandai... the Tie Interceptor. I've never done one before but everyone raves about them.

Holy Space Balls Batman!

Ridiculous Awesomeness !

I just bought my first Bandai... the Tie Interceptor. I've never done one before but everyone raves about them.

Yeah they're awesome.
Unbelievable crisp detail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That weathering looks spot on!

Thanks, i usually like to weather my vehicles based on the reference from a specific vehicle . Unfortunately most of the shots of screen used AT-ATs are taken from the left side and I have no way of knowing which right side matches with the left side.
So Im just doing a Frankenstein job of reference taking bits from different AT-ATs.

Darth Saber, thanks for sharing your Bandai-fueled adventure with us! I just picked up the X-1 'Vader' TIE kit and was comparing it to images of the filming miniature and wow! ridiculous the level of scale and detailing fidelity. Or perhaps "insane" would be a better term. I found the tiny 'clamp' details that surround the aft cone which include a small rectangular detail that has (on the original) a grid of about 6x4 engraved in it is depicted - with the grid - by a less than 2mm square(ish) detail on the Bandai kit. I had to use my strongest magnification to see the grid but it is there. The *only* thing I have found lacking is the 'louver' pattern on the two black rectangles at the aft inside surface of the 'wings'. The original had an engraved pattern of horizontal lines that Bandai missed, leaving the surface smooth. However, this is easily engraved so no worries (and at least this confirms Bandai's team is human... ha!)

So, bust on, looking forward to the smooth finish.

Regards, Robert

Darth Saber, thanks for sharing your Bandai-fueled adventure with us! I just picked up the X-1 'Vader' TIE kit and was comparing it to images of the filming miniature and wow! ridiculous the level of scale and detailing fidelity. Or perhaps "insane" would be a better term. I found the tiny 'clamp' details that surround the aft cone which include a small rectangular detail that has (on the original) a grid of about 6x4 engraved in it is depicted - with the grid - by a less than 2mm square(ish) detail on the Bandai kit. I had to use my strongest magnification to see the grid but it is there. The *only* thing I have found lacking is the 'louver' pattern on the two black rectangles at the aft inside surface of the 'wings'. The original had an engraved pattern of horizontal lines that Bandai missed, leaving the surface smooth. However, this is easily engraved so no worries (and at least this confirms Bandai's team is human... ha!)

So, bust on, looking forward to the smooth finish.

Regards, Robert

Yes, the detail is a major part of the reason I came back to the hobby.
This was too good to pass up.

The X1 and TIE fighter were unique builds for me because i love the weathering part of mideling and from looking at thr reference inages these ships had virtually no weathering.
Had to hold back the urge to weather yhese guys.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back