Battlefront 2 Inferno Squad

GeekingOut

The Inferno Squad soldiers look really cool in the Battlefront 2 trailer. Are they Shadow Troopers? Their helmets kind of remind me of Tie Fighter pilot helmets.

I keep watching the trailer and they look like they wear Tie Pilot gear. Looks like something on their shoulders and some different insignias.

They have a mix of tie pilot stuff, tk belts, scout trooper belts with the hip pack and their main suits are customized.

Like shenphong said I think they are a mix. Definitely has tie styling like maybe they can go straight into a tie fighter as is and also ground combat right away. All I know is I really am liking the look.

the main protagonist is pretty much wearing full tie fighter pilot gear apart from the back of her armor slightly modified to hold a seeker droid i believe similar to the seventh sister from the rebels show, you also have which i assume another major member of the team which is the male asking her "what they will do now" which is equipped with a tie fighter helmet plain chest armor that doesn't have the chest box but has pretty much a death trooper setup with same full waist of ammo bags as well as the mp40 shoulder pouches too.

the other members from the looks of things are generic in the sense they have the same tie helmets but plain chest armor and tie fighter overalls with markings of the squadron. from reading the up im guessing the reason they are in tie gear is simply the fact that this squadron is meant to be the elite at all combat scenarios including space and aerial combat.

planning to make one of the suits as my first full cosplay build and already got a tie pilot helmet waiting to be painted thats been sitting around unfinished :)

Hey all.....They are a Special Forces type Tie Fighter Pilots that are supposed to be the keepers of secret orders that the Emperor issued in case of his death. JRS is working on CRL's for these troops. SO far we have came up with a few variations of this character. Looks like there is the Commander(female), Officer, Assault, Heavy Weapons, and Grunt. My question.....Is anyone doing or have done the ID-9 seeker droid? So of the pilots have them come out of their back armor.

Hey all.....They are a Special Forces type Tie Fighter Pilots that are supposed to be the keepers of secret orders that the Emperor issued in case of his death. JRS is working on CRL's for these troops. SO far we have came up with a few variations of this character. Looks like there is the Commander(female), Officer, Assault, Heavy Weapons, and Grunt. My question.....Is anyone doing or have done the ID-9 seeker droid? So of the pilots have them come out of their back armor.

looking at the trailer the seeker droid is just hanging on more than anything its arms fold up and it sits in the generic storm trooper back plate armor. nothing modified to the armor in terms of design. i dont think anyone has done one the search comes up with someone who made the older style of seeker droid not exactly the same as this one tho

Seems like a missed opportunity for them to make the player characters based on death trooper armour (or some pilot variant thereof), no?

Seems like a missed opportunity for them to make the player characters based on death trooper armour (or some pilot variant thereof), no?

i guess but they are a elite tie fighter squadron more than anything so it kind of makes sense they wear tie fighter gear and they are apart of the imperial navy not the trooper corps

Screen caps from the trailer
bf2trailer1-1.jpg
star-wars-battlefront-ii-inferno-squad-games-15240.jpg
Super detailed close up for the helmet.
SWBFII_Reveal_Screenshot_5_SP.jpg

I definitely noted that, for lack of better terms, the mohawk part of the tie helmet isn't necessarily a triangle shaped paintjob but it seems like two separate pieces. Inferno.png

Screen caps from the trailer
View attachment 722058
View attachment 722059
Super detailed close up for the helmet.
View attachment 722060

After looking at the helmet the one thing that really bothers me is I wish they took some actual creative liberty and designed something for the hoses for the life support control box to attach to the helmet as there is nothing so it's literally pointless for all these squad members who have the chest box, since there is nothing for the dam tube to connect to on the helmet just solid plastic...

I definitely noted that, for lack of better terms, the mohawk part of the tie helmet isn't necessarily a triangle shaped paintjob but it seems like two separate pieces. View attachment 722088

Nope it's a paint job if you look at some of the other images there's no sort of bump to indicate it's a separate piece and if compared to an actual tie fighter helmet it doesn't seem to have any additional bits added to the helmet I mean I could be wrong hard to pick details out of odd screen grabs ^_^

It's a separate piece like on the real helmets.
You can see the highlighted edge in the posted pic..

I agree there should be some sort of attachments visible in the helmet openings.

It's a separate piece like on the real helmets.
You can see the highlighted edge in the posted pic..

I agree there should be some sort of attachments visible in the helmet openings.

Oooo if you meant the black centre triangle then yeah that's a separate piece got a lil confused aha :')

Yes Badmangos! that's what i was trying to point out but i guess my description was pretty off lol. But I have noticed one thing about these troops which i'm not sure what it could be but i have seen that they have some kind of pouch like the scout troopers or protective armour near the hips/ upper thigh like the shore troopers.

I have to admit that I'm digging the look of these suits, though I agree that there should have been something more done with the chestbox. Hoses would have solved it... Just the regular old TIE pilot hoses that connect the helmet to the chestbox. The connection ports on the helmet are there, and the chestbox just has big open holes on the sides where the hoses should be. Maybe they will have hoses on them, they just take them off when they're out of the cockpit so it's easier to move around?

The 6" Hasbro figure does have hoses but the figure also looks like it's mostly just a repaint of the 6" TIE pilot figure with a stormtrooper belt added to it, so who knows how accurate it is?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back