Custom Art Deco Raygun

FreddySchramm

This is another personal project I got to work on.
Inspired by the Art deco aesthetic and Streamline trains, this Original custom designed Ray gun was a gift to my girlfriend. This ray gun is part of a series of Blasters and Sci Fi Weapons made in different points in time, this one being the 20s. The AR-T3CO ( art deco, see what I did there) was designed in Rhino and 3d printed in PLA.

The Base paint is Ivory with airbrushed recesses and acrylic washes. For the copper Highlights I used a light and dark copper Rub N Buff. For the aluminum pieces, I airbrushed silver enamel and covered that with 2 coats of gloss clear coat.

To go along with the series I made a Blueprint to go along with the gun.

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 7.24.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-15 at 7.25.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-15 at 7.26.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-15 at 7.26.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-15 at 7.26.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 7.24.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 7.26.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 7.26.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 7.25.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 7.26.52 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool! It reminds me of the designs used in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Futuristic and retro at the same time. Nice!

I do wonder what Raymond Loewy would think of this design, but except for incorporating a deadly destruction ray mechanism I think he'd express his approval ;)

Very nice custom blaster, that's a great gift for your girlfriend!
I hope to see more from the series of blasters you made :thumbsup

I love this ray gun sooo much. Would you ever consider making another to sell?

Possibly! Now that I graduated from College and have some free time I migh 3d print another one. Have to try and dig up the file and set a month aside to cast it!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you all love it! I'm trying to pop out new designs so I'll stick with this style for a while since it's a big fav.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back