Homemade Spidey Suits: Show Off/Open Build Thread

Standard issue craft foam cut to size, fabric glued onto sweatbands. I then painted it with Army Builder Boltgun metal pain just dry brushed over the surface. They may be a piece I change at some point.

For those of you making the mask from the hoodie sleeves - the hoodie I bought is slightly fleecy on the inside and regular sweatshirt material on the outside. Is there agreement which side should face outwards?

Has anyone used a face shell with this, and is it needed?

If you're using thick fabric like the material from the red hoodie, you don't need a face shell. It already gives a nice smooth look if your mask isn't too tight. Plus it would get a bit hard to breathe if you add a face shell to already thick fabric. If you're using a lyrca/spandex mask, you might want to use a face shell if the look of your lips and nose poking the mask bothers you. But again, a face shell isn't really needed for this suit. Just personal preference :)

My Hoodie came in not completely accurate but Still good IMG_1035.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Also my shoes came in they are Dream Pairs, not socks since sock was is too expensive and sockwa is more expensive in my size shoe, these are still pretty accurate in my mind.IMG_1036.JPG

Last edited:
Hey SpideyWing, perhaps you could compile all your pics/updates in a single post at a time? No offense was meant, just to not overbump this thread :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got in all the major parts of my costume. The mask is a practice one I quickly made with hot glue and the fabric has no stretch, so it was actually really hard. The actual sleeve fabric, which is what the final mask will be made of, has a bit of stretch so hopefully it'll fit better. I'm planning on making my webshooters out of craft foam.

The goggles are the usual ones everyone has from Amazon, and I made the eyes with craft foam. I actually already had red biking gloves that worked perfectly, so I just sharpied on the web pattern.

I don't actually cosplay, so just planning on wearing this for Halloween, although I think it looks pretty cool so I'll probably look for other occasions to wear it.

(Also I think in this thread there was someone asking if there were any other female Spideys, so that's me!)

p6P0Y9l.jpg

Most of us are wearing women's sweats because they come in Carolina blue, it's not as weird for you Sha Sha Chu

Yeah the pants are women's S but still kind of big on me! I already cut them off below the knee but they're still big around so I might try to make them skinnier.

I'll probably end up buying different socks because the ones I got are too thin.

Cut a t-shirt in half up the sides/shoulders, center it over your left ear, wrap it around your head stretching it as little as possible, then draw a line on it right up the center of your face and up and over your head. Lay it flat, stylize the line a bit, add a seam allowance and trace it onto paper. A pattern custom fit to your head.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back