Homemade Spidey Suits: Show Off/Open Build Thread

Finally finished off my build as well! Here's me with some of my friends
XfhqCoo.jpgkO7Phx7.jpg

Hey guys! After watching Homecoming I can't resist putting a homemade suit together myself :lol

I was hoping some of you would be able to help me out with the blue shirt. I see a lot of great versions of the homemade suit, but the main problem with most is that the blue undershirt seems way too loose. If you take a look at the suit from the movie the shirt appears to be very form fitting, you can see how it really hugs Tom's arms in this pic.

DBviU0bXoAAhYCV.jpg
Screenshot_2017-05-21-09-07-06-1.png

Did anyone find a similar fitting shirt in the correct color? Appreciate any help, thank you!

Yes, your right. My problem was that around my area, there was no available stretch cloth in the right color, so I had to get one that's rigid and in the right color instead, and adjust the sizing so I could wear it comfortably. Hopefully I'll find cloth in the right color so I can replace mine. :)

Any luck identifying a similar hoodie? What in trying to do is match the pockets with another hoodie and from there replace the zipper if necessary.

Does anyone else think we should have a post listing all the found items and the ones that are as close as we've seen so far? I'm mainly looking for the red hoodie and the gloves, but it would help people not have to dig through all the different threads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone else think we should have a post listing all the found items and the ones that are as close as we've seen so far? I'm mainly looking for the red hoodie and the gloves, but it would help people not have to dig through all the different threads

If you're going for accuracy, the only found items are really the gloves, shoes, sweatbands, and the socks. Everything else is entirely custom made.

Gloves - http://amzn.to/2tY0he1
Shoes - http://amzn.to/2uZvPwO
Sweatbands - http://amzn.to/2u1sGiC
Socks - http://amzn.to/2uZnadS

Are those gloves accurate? They don't seem to have the slit/loop thingView attachment 742395

Good catch. They aren't 100%, but as Fett202 said, they're the closest you can get for now. The gloves in the movie were more than likely custom made as well.

You'd really be hard pressed to find anything off-the-shelf in today's movie climate, unfortunately.

I feel thats the closest you are going to get for the time being tbh

Good catch. They aren't 100%, but as Fett202 said, they're the closest you can get for now. The gloves in the movie were more than likely custom made as well.

You'd really be hard pressed to find anything off-the-shelf in today's movie climate, unfortunately.

No yeah I agree, those are definitely the closest you can get. I just am nitpicky with the term 'screen accurate' lol. But I think the list idea is a good one, I could even edit it into the first post :)

No yeah I agree, those are definitely the closest you can get. I just am nitpicky with the term 'screen accurate' lol. But I think the list idea is a good one, I could even edit it into the first post :)

Haha yeah I am too. I get annoyed when people claim 'screen accuracy' so loosely. I'd just noticed that little detail in the gloves and forgotten about it.

IMG_2343.JPGIMG_2344.JPGIMG_2345.JPGIMG_2345.JPGThis is my progress on my Spiderman Homecoming mask i made from scratch, from the faceshell to the mask it self. Now im stuck on the web lines i got some puffy paint but im scared to use it and i dont know how to make the thin like in the movie. Any tips and suggestions?

Oh wait sorry i didnt realize this thread was specifically towards the homemade suit i thought it was overall for the homemade homemade suit. Sorry my bad. On the other hand i am also working a bit on the homemade mask i think you can see my 3D printed goggles on the corner of my picture

Hey in regard to the blue under sweater and sweat pants what have people been buying? All I've been finding is the right color sweat pants but I'm having issues finding the matching color top

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back