Homemade Spidey Suits: Show Off/Open Build Thread

I know what you are talking about. My point was that using a zentai woud be easier for the colors to match and it would be easy to find. But I changed my mind after seeing this View attachment 739624No seriously wtf...

btw good point about the scarlet spider thing, never thought of that :D

Yeah, it's stuff like that which separates good and bad cosplays in my opinion. If you have any experience with sewing, then tailoring your own costume pieces will really enhance your costumes appearance and makes it look more authentic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a great front camera, but here's mine! I'm still working on the web shooter triggers and the wires & panels that go on the goggles, but other than that I'm basically done! If you'll notice, the blue shirt and pants don't match as well as the socks and the shoes but I don't think I'll change anything about this suit (other than the mask and web shooters when we get better references) just to get an authentic "homemade" look.

View attachment 739166View attachment 739167View attachment 739168View attachment 739169

most of the details were washed out in the pics... darn front cam! I'll post some more pics with a better camera once I have someone who can help me out!

What mask and goggles are you using right now I think they look pretty good. Also which hoodie did you go with? I can't tell if that's the sleeveless one or if you modified a normal one.

What mask and goggles are you using right now I think they look pretty good. Also which hoodie did you go with? I can't tell if that's the sleeveless one or if you modified a normal one.

Here are the goggles that I used. This isn't the online site I bought it from because there's a different online shop that always ships to the Philippines.

Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 7.30.45 PM.png

https://www.amazon.com/Minidot-Stea...d=1498775773&sr=8-12&keywords=cosplay+goggles

The mask is made from the sleeves that I cut off from the hoodie. It's a normal hoodie that I modded to fit a bit tighter and I also made the pockets more accurate. It's also unbranded and I just got it from a local market. Here's a before & after

DSC_1197.JPG DSC_1200.JPG

Last edited:
From the short "A Film By Peter Parker" on the PS4 Store. Really funny video if you get the chance to watch it.
20170629204227.jpg

Last edited:
From the short "A Film By Peter Parker" on the PS4 Store. Really funny video if you get the chance to watch it.
View attachment 739900

I just saw that. Next Thursday can't come soon enough tbh haha. I'm glad we have that last bit of trigger reference though, really fortunate to have top and bottom reference for the trigger pad too

I just saw that. Next Thursday can't come soon enough tbh haha. I'm glad we have that last bit of trigger reference though, really fortunate to have top and bottom reference for the trigger pad too

I wanna watch it, but I'm afraid of spoilers. Can anyone tell me if this spoils anything from the movie? Or if it's even from the movie?

I wanna watch it, but I'm afraid of spoilers. Can anyone tell me if this spoils anything from the movie? Or if it's even from the movie?

Basically it's peters video diary from the time tony picked him up in queens to when he gets dropped off. All you really see is peters side of the airport battle nothing too spoiler-y

Somebody on instagram (_mario_hudson_) dm'd me a pic of the homemade web shooters. I don't know if they're the real thing or not, but they look like they are.

19648203_1341682182553232_389315201_o.png

That looks legit, like from the art book by the looks of the gloss on the pages

Those look like an early prototype (i.e. Civil War version). The ones from Homecoming look different, but are very similar.

Those look like an early prototype (i.e. Civil War version). The ones from Homecoming look different, but are very similar.

Looks like the mechanisms and shapes are close enough to the movie one to use as a jumping off point though

Looks like the mechanisms and shapes are close enough to the movie one to use as a jumping off point though

Yeah. Looks like all of these photos are different renditions as they honed in on the final version. The picture in the center of the right side seems to be really close to the Homecoming version.

Yeah. Looks like all of these photos are different renditions as they honed in on the final version. The picture in the center of the right side seems to be really close to the Homecoming version.

Why does getting reference for the webshooters have to be such a pain in the ass haha. Bright side here, the picture in that collage where you can see the web cartridge being removed gives you a thickness to work with if you wanted to make them functional and maybe reference for a more accurate cartridge

Why does getting reference for the webshooters have to be such a pain in the ass haha. Bright side here, the picture in that collage where you can see the web cartridge being removed gives you a thickness to work with if you wanted to make them functional and maybe reference for a more accurate cartridge

Haha ik it's frustrating...once the movie is out along with the art book we'll get more reference. And yeah, that picture of the cartridge clears up a lot of questions I had. I'm glad to see that they're actually dynamic. I'll probably end up remaking my webshooters and cartridges eventually with the replaceable cartridge feature now that I know how it works.

I don't have a great front camera, but here's mine! I'm still working on the web shooter triggers and the wires & panels that go on the goggles, but other than that I'm basically done! If you'll notice, the blue shirt and pants don't match as well as the socks and the shoes but I don't think I'll change anything about this suit (other than the mask and web shooters when we get better references) just to get an authentic "homemade" look.

.............most of the details were washed out in the pics... darn front cam! I'll post some more pics with a better camera once I have someone who can help me out!

Here are some pics of me at ToyCon PH 2017!

View attachment IMG_5114-1.jpg View attachment IMG_5124-1.jpg
View attachment IMG_5111-1.jpg

View attachment IMG_5035-1.jpg

View attachment IMG_5118-1.jpg

And here's my favorite shot :lol

View attachment IMG_5094-1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5108-1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 218
Just a question guys, how do you stick the goggles to the cloth? I'm actually stuck at making the mask. Sewing isn't my strongest skill. :lol

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back