Homemade Spidey Suits: Show Off/Open Build Thread

Does anybody have a good place to buy water shoes for the build? I might be starting a similar one soon.
There's These if you want the same brand as the originals
sockwa-g-hi_7424424.jpeg
But checking amazon, these are the closest I could find
51o+c0UzdrL._UY395_.jpg

They now have the homemade suit Spider-Man on their homepage banner :lol I'm sure they'll use this opportunity to grab cash, how often do people buy booties?

Well here's hoping. I went ahead and bought the ladies pants, the Gildan tee, and the Giro gloves tonight and when I get paid tomorrow I'm going to get the socks, sweat bands, and a couple cheap hoodies (one for the mask). Then it's just modeling and printing the shooters and goggles and waiting for the shoes to come back.

They now have the homemade suit Spider-Man on their homepage banner :lol I'm sure they'll use this opportunity to grab cash, how often do people buy booties?

I emailed them last month to ask about stock.
They were confused about the sudden demand for the G4s and were unaware that they were in Homecoming until I told them lol

Ah, I see. Well that's great news. It's nice to see something not completely vanish when it's IDed for once.

Check out my thread, I’ve listed an amazing sockwa alternative. Looks pretty much exactly the same and does a splendid job. I’ve also listed the other stuff I have bought as well, so if anybody wants any decent links whilst keeping things on the more reasonably priced without paying silly money side, the thread is called WolvoSpiderman’s Spider-Man suits.

Half the price is nice, but I definitely wouldn't want to walk around a con without soles on my shoes.

My pants and gloves arrived today. The Giro gloves are awesome, and definitely the ones used in the movie.

Whats the consensus on the hoodie? Seeing a few different options throughout the thread, wanted to know what everybody's finding works for them. Do you think a hooded vest is one to look into, or would it be better to find a hoodie and cut the sleeves off?

Whats the consensus on the hoodie? Seeing a few different options throughout the thread, wanted to know what everybody's finding works for them. Do you think a hooded vest is one to look into, or would it be better to find a hoodie and cut the sleeves off?

Find a women's hoodie and use the sleeves for the mask. That's what I presume how Peter Parker did for his as the whole suit was all made from Aunt May's clothings.

Why do you think that? The hoodie is slim fit, they do make clothes like that for men.

I bought a couple hoodies on ebay for about $13 each. Can't say for sure that they'll be good, but when they get here in 3 weeks or so, I'll post a picture. I should have everything else but the shoes by then. It needs to have the zipper replaced with a brass one, and it wouldn't hurt to find a new drawstring for the hoodie.

Why do you think that? The hoodie is slim fit, they do make clothes like that for men.

I bought a couple hoodies on ebay for about $13 each. Can't say for sure that they'll be good, but when they get here in 3 weeks or so, I'll post a picture. I should have everything else but the shoes by then. It needs to have the zipper replaced with a brass one, and it wouldn't hurt to find a new drawstring for the hoodie.

Because the cutting of the hoodie is really short? Usually short waist hoodies are for women.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back