What paints I'm gonna use from now on (Plastikote 7173)

eclipse74569

So, while working on a Stapleton Boomerang, I went to my local Advance Auto, realizing they didn't have medium Marblehead like I like, I set out to find an alternative that I could buy right now.

c845ffef2d7996e6a0392fec2afbcc0c.jpg

This is what I found by duplicolor, however, it is darker than I like, so I got a bit creative:

I have a can of Krylon Bright Silver here as well, so using both paints, I sprayed the Phaser with both paints at the same time. It still came out a bit darker than the Medium Marblehead, but I am happy with the results. After I paint the setting/trigger area, I plan on sealing it with a Duplicolor clearcote

Results?

613e62ad9048d72f5e2e9209e336db69.jpg

13b8e90b905299fec3a5c050c9a4bced.jpg

a0930ae477d25675deddf92fcd19d370.jpg

You be the judge!

By the way, this is also a WIP lol I'll be posting more soon. I plan on buying electronics from Gerry soon!

I think that came out pretty darn close. I have a Boomerang and a Nemesis Phaser done by Myron and they look pretty close to yours.

It's just SLIGHTLY darker, but nothing too noticeable. But this is about to get a whole new coat of primer and paint...[emoji37][emoji37][emoji37]

It's good to know that there is still something that looks this close to the originals. Good job.

Hi

I'm looking to paint a Tricorder Mark IX.
However, I can't buy Dupli-Color BGM 0478 in the UK.

I can get a hold of the BNS0604 and Krylon Bright Silver as you have used above though.

Just so I know, you mention you were going to use a Clear Coat? Which did you use? And how long did you leave it until you used it?

Thanks

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back