Kingsman: The Golden Circle (Post-release)

I saw it and it was a lot of fun. I had few complaints but I won't spoil anything. The fight scenes were great. Overall I liked the sequel better than the first film

Doesn't quite hit the first one in terms of tight, lean story. Feels like it drags out a lot at the end. CGI was unfortunately quite obvious at points because they really pushed the scale up on this compared to the first - the ramping up of stuff was comical at times, which i think was the intent. It's tongue in cheek.

And I know its part of the charm/trope itself, but having the exact tool at the right time for the right situation...really reduced the stakes - and thats with certain things happening. Example, the end of the car chase.

That said, some awesome action pieces, some emotional moments - Taron Egerton is a phenomenal actor, and probably did more with the material than it warranted at times. Inventive film, some great ideas in there. Direction was good with some interesting transitions and shots. Overall, pretty good. Didn't enjoy as much as the first, but still entertaining :thumbsup

I couldn't help myself... I may go see it again

IMG_1895.JPG

I loved the first film. Maybe because I was not expecting anything, and it was so over the top. The second one was a little flat for me, but then again my expectations were pretty high. Still, all that said...I really enjoyed it. I'll be seeing it again for sure.

also:

That Poppy's land looks a lot like the set for Jurassic World. Elton...freaking John! The John Denver estate sure is making some cash this year. I think this was the third film with "Take me home country roads".

The John Denver estate sure is making some cash this year. I think this was the third film with "Take me home country roads".

I was thinking the same thing! The previous night I watched Lucky Logan. As I'm watching Kingsman 2 I'm thinking to myself "oh Channing as a southerner again" then boom that song plays a few times which was also prominent in Lucky Logan.

Actually Bill and Taffy Danoff wrote that for John and I am sure are happy to get the check.

Moo they are, were, D.C. natives who formed the Starland Vocal Band, one hit wonders who parlayed the song "Afternoon Delight" into a short lived tv series.

If I am ever in town we got to meet up at Clydes in Georgetown first round is on me Bro! :lol

The John Denver estate sure is making some cash this year. I think this was the third film with "Take me home country roads".

Actually Bill and Taffy Danoff wrote that for John and I am sure are happy to get the check.

Moo they are, were, D.C. natives who formed the Starland Vocal Band, one hit wonders who parlayed the song "Afternoon Delight" into a short lived tv series.

If I am ever in town we got to meet up at Clydes in Georgetown first round is on me Bro! :lol

Oh dear, God! Clyde's!!! I know it, very well! Your on, Bro:cheers:cool:cheers

I overall enjoyed it...I was expecting bad, and loved it...

enjoyed them bringing back Charlie as the villain.. also enjoyed whiskey

worst part was killing off Merlin...like what the bloody hell...so stupid

The problem with killing Merlin is that it's even more egregious when taking his conversation with Ginger Ale and her eventual agent status into consideration. It completely wastes the "do you ever wish you were out there" "they would be lost without us" conversation. If Champ had offered Ginger the position of Whiskey in the final round table, only for her to turn it down and stay an intel/support agent that would have been a great way to honor Merlin and show his impact on her.

If I have a real gripe it's that they cleaned house too thoroughly, and have now lost great characters like Roxy and Merlin for future installments. I feel like they needed to spare at least one of those two, especially now that the support role is completely empty for both KM and SM. Roxy could have been a great Merlin, and is even playing that role a bit for Eggsy's royal dinner.

The problem with killing Merlin is that it's even more egregious when taking his conversation with Ginger Ale and her eventual agent status into consideration. It completely wastes the "do you ever wish you were out there" "they would be lost without us" conversation. If Champ had offered Ginger the position of Whiskey in the final round table, only for her to turn it down and stay an intel/support agent that would have been a great way to honor Merlin and show his impact on her.

If I have a real gripe it's that they cleaned house too thoroughly, and have now lost great characters like Roxy and Merlin for future installments. I feel like they needed to spare at least one of those two, especially now that the support role is completely empty for both KM and SM. Roxy could have been a great Merlin, and is even playing that role a bit for Eggsy's royal dinner.

I'm not convinced that Roxy kicked the bucket. I'd like to see Harry become Arthur but I did enjoy that they never settled the Galahad name. Also I wish Tequila had more action scenes.

Look they brought Harry back, don't be surprised if Roxy is back and Merlin is the "Ghost in the Machine" :thumbsup

I like to think Roxy is still alive...she realizes a missile is on it's way and jumps out of bed....

possibly jumps out the window?

merlin was such a great character...he could have kept his foot on the mine, while they killed the guards and stopped poppy..and turned off the mines.. not rocket science

I liked it overall, but with one nagging gripe: Was it absolutely necessary for Eggsy to drop the F-bomb every five seconds? It felt more gratuitous than it's use in Scarface. Seriously.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back