another 16th scale robot Huey

flimzy

Master Member
I started this on my 6th scale spinner thread but thought it should go on its own . I got my hands on a form 2 3D printer about a month ago, we have a few at work and i was very impressed with what you could do. As I've had to put my spinner on hold wile I'm away from home and my workshop I've been doing the odd little project , things i can do quickly and in my office . I've started with scaling a few things I'd drawn down to 6th scale ( easy to put on a shelf.) Vincent, old bob and huey . vincent needs some lines and decals doing, huey need aging and old bob is in the printer growing. here are some photos. huey 1 (1).JPGhuey 1 (3).JPGhuey 10 (4).JPGhuey 10 (1).JPGIMG_0361.JPGIMG_0378.JPGthe last photo is my first attempt at Vincent , i gave him away and started again .

- - - Updated - - -

interesting thing I've been doing with the form 2 is to printing molds in clear resin and then injecting silicone in to them for the soft parts it works rely well.

Last edited:
Looks great! I haven't seen "Silent running" in a long, long time. Probably since back when it came out.

IMG_0406.JPGhad fun making him but like all these thing I've found more info since i ordinarily draw him so the things I got wrong bug me so I'm going to make another one. Now I need to find the decal on vincents left side to finish him of.

Hi Flimzy it is a shame that MPC did not do a bob kit so it cool see one out there. even if he is 3D printed :thumbsup

This is the MPC kit with a custom top cap he is stile in the works.DSC00274.JPG

Last edited:
I've been asked if I was thinking about making a kit . I've been bitten before by people asking for things and then they turn around selling them as there own. I do this for fun and a way to wind down from my job ,"wait I design things for tent pole films, so wheres the brake?" I got in to movie after spending my child hood making models in my bed room . imagining space battles wile learning how to make card board bend to my will. Well some where along my 27 years of movies I'd stopped enjoying the freedom of doing this just for your self. So at the moment I'm doing this just for the shear fun of it. In the future who knows I may have more free time but I'm more likely to make a limited Addison finished models.
So in conclusion I wont be releasing the digital files. In a fare world it would be great to see people making these models but there are people out there just looking to rip people off. besides its much more fun watching us all make our own model.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back