Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (DICE)

If the balance it correctly, it's not going to help them much. Usually the pay stuff is gun parts or skins. The people who are already good aren't going to need it. It's like in BF4 (last MP game I played) people started buying that stuff and still got wrecked online. They thought having a new weapon with a fancy sight would make them pros or something.
It's not like it this time, the loot crate system is vital to becoming better. When the gametime was extended after 7 pm et the star cards were disabled for a time. It was at that time that I felt how bad it was to have to rely on tht system. All weekend of play and gathering various star cards to help improve my trooper and without them it was back to square one no matter what level you were. The crate balance is also very bad. Unless you really love the emotes then you're probably going to love that.

Overall I had fun with it. But I did cancel my pre-order immediately. Will most likely pick this up in the 12 days of Christmas PSN sale.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/10/07/opinion-star-wars-battlefront-2-beta-raises-pay-to-win-fears

this explains it a bit for everyone.

still could be fun, but not my cup of tea.

More articles addressing the same issue.

http://wccftech.com/battlefront-ii-beta-highlighted-issues/
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-09-star-wars-battlefront-2-has-a-loot-crate-problem

It's sad in trying to work with all the fan feedback by making less material behind a paywall they may have killed the playabillity of the game. The Squad system sucks.

Yeah, I've heard all the handwringing about "Pay2Win!" and I just....I really don't care.

Look, for years, this has been an issue. Ever since Battlefield 2 first introduced unlocks/progression to FPS shooters, it's been the same story. Two players of equal skill meet in combat. One has more stuff unlocked than the other. The guy with the more stuff has a distinct advantage. Doesn't matter if he got them because of his "skill," because he paid for them, or because he just sat around grinding for hours on end. He has an advantage over the other guy.

It's always been a stupid system. When it's "sidegrades" it's less noticeable and more tolerable, but still not good. So, I guess in a way, I'm glad to see the Pay2Win thing in this game. Maybe it'll lead to the older style of games that I preferred, where everyone just had the gear they had right from the start of the game.

If you wanna unlock stuff, fine. Unlock cosmetic customization. Otherwise, leave unlocks out, be they bought or attained through grinding.

Yeah, I've heard all the handwringing about "Pay2Win!" and I just....I really don't care.

Look, for years, this has been an issue. Ever since Battlefield 2 first introduced unlocks/progression to FPS shooters, it's been the same story. Two players of equal skill meet in combat. One has more stuff unlocked than the other. The guy with the more stuff has a distinct advantage. Doesn't matter if he got them because of his "skill," because he paid for them, or because he just sat around grinding for hours on end. He has an advantage over the other guy.

For Battlefield 3 and 4 that's absolutely not true. Some of the best guns in both games, M16 for assault and M4 for Engineer, were starting weapons. I was still using both of those well after I'd unlocked every weapon in both games. I'd take either of those with no accessories and still be in the top of the scoreboard.

For Battlefield 3 and 4 that's absolutely not true. Some of the best guns in both games, M16 for assault and M4 for Engineer, were starting weapons. I was still using both of those well after I'd unlocked every weapon in both games. I'd take either of those with no accessories and still be in the top of the scoreboard.

Battlefield 3 generally had pretty balanced weapons and equipment after they fixed some serious bugs (e.g., the IRNV + USAS + 12g frags debacle).

That said, having access to a wider range of equipment and perks always, always helps. The guy with a wider array of tools from which to choose may prefer a starter weapon, but that's down to personal playstyle. The point is that you can more easily customize your playstyle if you have more unlocks, and that gives you an advantage. And it was more egregious with certain other equipment, like with planes, where you had to unlock countermeasures.

Similarly in Battlefront even after unlocking all weapons I still seem to get the most kills with the E11. There are some maps that work better with specific weapons, I hope for more of that in BF2.

Similarly in Battlefront even after unlocking all weapons I still seem to get the most kills with the E11. There are some maps that work better with specific weapons, I hope for more of that in BF2.
Yes, Even after unlocking all the weapons I get the most kills with the A280!

"it's just a game and this won't stop me from playing it" disclaimer here.

I hope the first-tier canon (i.e. movies) never get this deep into humanizing Imperials. In the terms of storytelling, they are Space Nazis, to be hated, and their deaths are not to be given that much thought or concern by the viewer. No sympathy should be depicted for their point of view. They are the bad guys. They are evil and must be destroyed. Period.

Yeah, the real world is more nuanced. This is not the real world. This is Black Hat vs. White Hat cowboy movie serial, Joseph Campbell stuff. Bad is bad, full stop.

(And yeah, Rogue One kinda goes there, and I like that film. But let's not make a habit of it.)

- - - Updated - - -

Mouth animation of admiral guy is super rough and creepy.

I liked the star fighter combat - even liked the ground assault modes more than the first beta - but I'm not going to buy this game, when progression is locked to those loot crates and with all the microtransaction BS. No way am I gonna support that crap, so it gets included in every game moving forward. This crap has to be stopped!

I liked the star fighter combat - even liked the ground assault modes more than the first beta - but I'm not going to buy this game, when progression is locked to those loot crates and with all the microtransaction BS. No way am I gonna support that crap, so it gets included in every game moving forward. This crap has to be stopped!
I agree Carsten, I cancelled my pre-order. I might pick it up with the PSN sale around the holidays. But will wait some reviews post launch.

Half of you say micro-transaxtions are the only way to efficiently level up, everyone else says that's not the case. Color me uncertain! Honestly, the Starfighter control changes worry me-- that was the one mode I was consistently good at.

For some reason I found climbing and diving extremely sluggish in the beta. I had to roll first so that I was moving L-R rather than up-down.

Half of you say micro-transaxtions are the only way to efficiently level up, everyone else says that's not the case. Color me uncertain! Honestly, the Starfighter control changes worry me-- that was the one mode I was consistently good at.

It's a Objective Focused Team based FPS.. there should be no leveling up anyway. It's not an RPG. You play rounds against another team trying to complete objectives and win. There's no narrative, there's no story. ,, the round ends.. you won or lost.. the next map loads and you try again. That's my number one thing I have always hated the Battlefield Series. You intentionally stick things that effect game play behind some dumb grind. The teams should be level and the outcome should be based on matching and with team had the better skills or played the objectives.. not who has 10 hours a day to game and can unlock and upgrade everything and then proceed to **** on people who might only get a few hours a day to play.

And the game isn't P2W.. it's kids with more time then money throwing a fit because they gave those of us who no longer have that 10 hours a night to come home and be free kills while we're stuck with some limp vanilla load out trying to unlock a gun that will actually get kills a way to bypass that garbage and get to the point of the game. Also there's nothing you can buy that you can't just earn by playing.. it's hardly P2W and the System is a lot different than the beta. I won't buy any crates but I don't see the issue with allowing people to do it as well as long as they don't make they grind so tedious and hard they steer (aka force) you to into it.. THEN it would P2W

I do hate the RNG aspect of the loot system and agree with those that say it's closer to gambling, especially with money being involved. That is some BS . Honestly tho the teams should be even and the only crates they should be selling should be cosmetic, and have 0 impact on the gameplay. the game should be fun and really well designed with solid match making that makes people want to come back and keep playing, Solid Team vs Team games.. if the only way you can retain your player base is to stimulate that endorphin rush with carrot on the stick rewards by locking guns and attachments behind a grind.. then it's a poorly designed game.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back