Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (DICE)

Well, the commentary starts on Pablo's Twitter. I'd have to dig back up where it went from there. Given how long EA was talking about BF2's canonicity, I figured Pablo would have been in the loop, but he seems to have been blindsided by people asking about it.

--Jonah

is there any multiplayer mode like "search and destroy" from call of duty? that was my all time favorite multi player... granted you didnt get much EXP, it was such a psychological suspense!

Ugh. Now Pablo is walking it back and saying he was just referring to the multiplayer stuff. Honestly, he's got 280 character now to be unambiguous. "The main storyline is canon. The other stuff isn't. Anything not explicitly in the main story is speculation." One hundred and sixteen characters. No answer one way or the other about parentage questions. I am beginning ot agree with those people who feel Pablo just likes jerking Star Wars fans around, which is a bit of a d**k move for someone in his position.

--Jonah

Well... today the game SUCKS. Looks like they did some patch last night that has now caused everyone to be at level 0 with no cards. Worse yet, you get booted out of any game about 5 minutes in.

Must be some major glitch, but it's certainly a nice bit of Egg on EA face considering all the other negative issues that keep happening around this game.

Ugh. Now Pablo is walking it back and saying he was just referring to the multiplayer stuff. Honestly, he's got 280 character now to be unambiguous. "The main storyline is canon. The other stuff isn't. Anything not explicitly in the main story is speculation." One hundred and sixteen characters. No answer one way or the other about parentage questions. I am beginning ot agree with those people who feel Pablo just likes jerking Star Wars fans around, which is a bit of a d**k move for someone in his position.

--Jonah

Well, fans can be real jerks. I can't imagine fielding 1000 questions per day and people demanding answers so I can understand how someone can get jaded.

--Jonah

Honestly, I wouldn't sweat it too much. The main campaign is canon. The rest is just a game. Just approach it that way.

Well... today the game SUCKS. Looks like they did some patch last night that has now caused everyone to be at level 0 with no cards. Worse yet, you get booted out of any game about 5 minutes in.

Must be some major glitch, but it's certainly a nice bit of Egg on EA face considering all the other negative issues that keep happening around this game.

I think this is due to EA's servers themselves resetting and not updating exactly. Apparently, this has happened with other EA games going back to Battlefield 3. It should revert to normal in a couple of hours. If not...holy crap, they're gonna catch all kinds of hell.

Honestly, you ask me, this game has finally exposed what I've been saying for YEARS about "progression systems." They're fundamentally unbalancing aspects in multiplayer gaming, and they don't belong AT ALL. Your gear options should be your gear options. Let people select what tehy want to equip within a class, but unlock everything. Literally EVERYTHING for players at the ultimate level. Tier 4 cards for everything. Then just let players pick and choose how they want to play. It's at that point in the game that I find it most fun, anyway. Unlocking crap is just some boring Skinner box I'm forced to play before I can actually play the damn game.

Well, I have minimal crate purchases on BF2 (my son prefers purchasing heroes), but I managed to run 50 kills in Kylo Rens TIE Silencer! Even after I blew up I was able to rack up 2K within a minutes and jump right back in! His is by far my favorite ship.

Has Pablo made any comments about the whole “Rey’s parent theory’s”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People were pissed at EAs greed with the first one and you would think they would learn. They've just changed the way in which they screw us. I like Dice but I'd love to see EA go down. They just don't learn. I wish someone else had the liscence. I really wanted this to be good but I'm letting my wallet do the protesting.

Ben

What pisses me off is only four hours of story, much of which can be skipped and just watch the strung-together cutscenes on YouTube. I wans actual mean-and-potatoes content to the single-player campaign mode. I would do more co-op if there was actual co-op campaign stuff, not just grind and arena battles. In general, I detest PvP stuff. Gimme PvE any day. I'll probably get this at some point, probably used, just to play through the story and any story-related DLC. I'll never even crack the seals on any of the multiplayer stuff.

I'll keep this vague, but I saw the SH Figuarts reveal yesterday of the TLJ Luke in his 'exile gear' & it came with both an opened & closed version of the compass from the game. Really hoping to see it on screen in a few weeks.

People were pissed at EAs greed with the first one and you would think they would learn. They've just changed the way in which they screw us. I like Dice but I'd love to see EA go down. They just don't learn. I wish someone else had the liscence. I really wanted this to be good but I'm letting my wallet do the protesting.
Ben

I didn't buy the first game because it just was too simplistic compared to the Battlefield games, IMO. This isn't rocket science, just take the Battlefield game and stick SW on it! As fun as the original two were, at the point I had played Battlefield 2 and that was my same complaint with them. They were a little too simplistic and didn't have that same feel as Battlefield 2. I don't want to say it didn't feel like the same skill was required, but something was missing. They were still a LOT of fun though. This game looks like fun, but the pay to win stuff and the extremely short SP game will at the least, make me wait for a good discount.

I do feel bad for the designers IF this stuff was foisted onto them and they really thought they had a great game. You hear stuff all of the time about the executives forcing the people working on the game to add or remove things either to meet a deadline or to make more money.

Does anyone that has the Xbox One version know if you can play two player, on one console, on all the maps this time? My nephew had the first game and the map choices were very small.

What pisses me off is only four hours of story, much of which can be skipped and just watch the strung-together cutscenes on YouTube. I wans actual mean-and-potatoes content to the single-player campaign mode. I would do more co-op if there was actual co-op campaign stuff, not just grind and arena battles. In general, I detest PvP stuff. Gimme PvE any day. I'll probably get this at some point, probably used, just to play through the story and any story-related DLC. I'll never even crack the seals on any of the multiplayer stuff.

I really don't get this. I even called, I'm pretty sure in this thread too that this would be a Tutorial disguised as a campaign and likely clock in at around 5 hours.. just like the "campaign" for BF1, **** I'm pretty sure I even called out how the Story line would play out. Battlefield has always been Multiplayer focused, were people really expected like a 30 - 50 hour SP campaign?

Also keep in mind they are saving stuff for the free DLC releases coming up which will likely extend the SP story. people would have lost their minds if it had the entire thing and spoiled parts of TLJ or the movie after.

Split-screen co-op is available for Arcade mode. It doesn't cover all of the maps (the biggest maps, designed for Galactic Assault, are not available), but there are several different scenarios (10+ each, light-side and dark-side) available, and some of them look like they would be a lot of fun for co-op. Vader and Palpatine, assaulting the rebel base on Yavin 4, would be one of those. You can also make custom scenarios as well, and adjustable difficulty. There are a number of achievements for Arcade mode, but they put a daily cap on how much you can earn from it.

I didn't think the campaign was all that short. I spent 2 long nights playing through it, totally glued to the couch, spending something more in the ballpark of 8 hours. Maybe it can be blown through in 4 hours, but that would be by kids with ADD, trying to race through it.

The truth is, the days of longer campaign experiences in a AAA game like this are in the past. The kids these games are primarily marketed to do not want them, and they take way too much time (and therefore budget) to make these days. The more powerful the hardware gets, allowing for better looking games with more detailed environments, the fewer levels we see, whether single or multi-player. This has been the trend for decades now, and I don't see that changing. These days, it would take an exceptional budget (in the ballpark of $200 million+) and 4 or 5 years to develop a modern AAA FPS game with the number of levels and long campaigns of years past. That's a big risky situation, when the biggest sellers they have to compete with get roughly half that time and budget.

The only reason that a game like this got made, and got the hefty budget that it did (to include a single-player campaign at all, not to mention the planned free DLC releases), was because of all the $$$ EA saw if they could monetize it the way they planned to. It was never going to be otherwise, in this day and age.

I really don't get this. I even called, I'm pretty sure in this thread too that this would be a Tutorial disguised as a campaign and likely clock in at around 5 hours.. just like the "campaign" for BF1, **** I'm pretty sure I even called out how the Story line would play out. Battlefield has always been Multiplayer focused, were people really expected like a 30 - 50 hour SP campaign?

Also keep in mind they are saving stuff for the free DLC releases coming up which will likely extend the SP story. people would have lost their minds if it had the entire thing and spoiled parts of TLJ or the movie after.

Not "likely." It's actually confirmed. The first (hopefully not last?) DLC will include single player missions for Iden.

Right now, the big question in the community (aside from the usual "They need to balance these maps better" discussion) is about what comes next for the progression system and microtransactions. DICE has been silent. I expect them to remain so until the next DLC at the earliest.

So these new missions will have more story line to go along with it?! I’m excited over this game because it’s like a new book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back