Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Subscribe
    From
    313 D-Town ( Detroit )
    1 Week Ago  Oct 9, 2017, 7:47 PM - Re: Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (DICE) #101

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/10/07...y-to-win-fears

this explains it a bit for everyone.

still could be fun, but not my cup of tea.
    From
    Annapolis MD
    1 Week Ago  Oct 9, 2017, 7:49 PM - Re: Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (DICE) #102

I played the hell out of the last game with some son, and will do the same with this one.
  3. Member Since
    May 2010
    1 Week Ago  Oct 10, 2017, 12:29 AM - Re: Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (DICE) #103

Sluis Van Shipyards said: View Post
    If the balance it correctly, it's not going to help them much. Usually the pay stuff is gun parts or skins. The people who are already good aren't going to need it. It's like in BF4 (last MP game I played) people started buying that stuff and still got wrecked online. They thought having a new weapon with a fancy sight would make them pros or something.
    It's not like it this time, the loot crate system is vital to becoming better. When the gametime was extended after 7 pm et the star cards were disabled for a time. It was at that time that I felt how bad it was to have to rely on tht system. All weekend of play and gathering various star cards to help improve my trooper and without them it was back to square one no matter what level you were. The crate balance is also very bad. Unless you really love the emotes then you're probably going to love that.

Overall I had fun with it. But I did cancel my pre-order immediately. Will most likely pick this up in the 12 days of Christmas PSN sale.
  4. Member Since
    May 2010
    1 Week Ago  Oct 10, 2017, 12:33 AM - Re: Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (DICE) #104

Monkey67 said: View Post
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/10/07...y-to-win-fears

this explains it a bit for everyone.

still could be fun, but not my cup of tea.
    More articles addressing the same issue.

http://wccftech.com/battlefront-ii-b...ighted-issues/
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-crate-problem

It's sad in trying to work with all the fan feedback by making less material behind a paywall they may have killed the playabillity of the game. The Squad system sucks.
    1 Week Ago  Oct 10, 2017, 12:31 PM - Re: Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (DICE) #105

Yeah, I've heard all the handwringing about "Pay2Win!" and I just....I really don't care.

Look, for years, this has been an issue. Ever since Battlefield 2 first introduced unlocks/progression to FPS shooters, it's been the same story. Two players of equal skill meet in combat. One has more stuff unlocked than the other. The guy with the more stuff has a distinct advantage. Doesn't matter if he got them because of his "skill," because he paid for them, or because he just sat around grinding for hours on end. He has an advantage over the other guy.

It's always been a stupid system. When it's "sidegrades" it's less noticeable and more tolerable, but still not good. So, I guess in a way, I'm glad to see the Pay2Win thing in this game. Maybe it'll lead to the older style of games that I preferred, where everyone just had the gear they had right from the start of the game.

If you wanna unlock stuff, fine. Unlock cosmetic customization. Otherwise, leave unlocks out, be they bought or attained through grinding.
    From
    Miamisburg, OH (near Dayton)
    1 Week Ago  Oct 10, 2017, 7:51 PM - Re: Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (DICE) #106

Solo4114 said: View Post
    Yeah, I've heard all the handwringing about "Pay2Win!" and I just....I really don't care.

Look, for years, this has been an issue. Ever since Battlefield 2 first introduced unlocks/progression to FPS shooters, it's been the same story. Two players of equal skill meet in combat. One has more stuff unlocked than the other. The guy with the more stuff has a distinct advantage. Doesn't matter if he got them because of his "skill," because he paid for them, or because he just sat around grinding for hours on end. He has an advantage over the other guy.
    For Battlefield 3 and 4 that's absolutely not true. Some of the best guns in both games, M16 for assault and M4 for Engineer, were starting weapons. I was still using both of those well after I'd unlocked every weapon in both games. I'd take either of those with no accessories and still be in the top of the scoreboard.
    1 Week Ago  Oct 11, 2017, 8:25 AM - Re: Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (DICE) #107

Sluis Van Shipyards said: View Post
    For Battlefield 3 and 4 that's absolutely not true. Some of the best guns in both games, M16 for assault and M4 for Engineer, were starting weapons. I was still using both of those well after I'd unlocked every weapon in both games. I'd take either of those with no accessories and still be in the top of the scoreboard.
    Battlefield 3 generally had pretty balanced weapons and equipment after they fixed some serious bugs (e.g., the IRNV + USAS + 12g frags debacle).

That said, having access to a wider range of equipment and perks always, always helps. The guy with a wider array of tools from which to choose may prefer a starter weapon, but that's down to personal playstyle. The point is that you can more easily customize your playstyle if you have more unlocks, and that gives you an advantage. And it was more egregious with certain other equipment, like with planes, where you had to unlock countermeasures.
    From
    Los Angeles
    1 Week Ago  Oct 11, 2017, 1:58 PM - Re: Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (DICE) #108

Similarly in Battlefront even after unlocking all weapons I still seem to get the most kills with the E11. There are some maps that work better with specific weapons, I hope for more of that in BF2.
    From
    Roy, WA
    1 Week Ago  Oct 11, 2017, 6:16 PM - Re: Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (DICE) #109

Did anyone else find it extremely difficult to get a win with the Empire on strike?
    1 Week Ago  Oct 11, 2017, 6:22 PM - Re: Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (DICE) #110

crabra comander said: View Post
    Did anyone else find it extremely difficult to get a win with the Empire on strike?
    Attackers were consistently at a disadvantage and usually lost.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    From
    Brooklyn, New York, United States
    1 Week Ago  Oct 11, 2017, 7:36 PM - Re: Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (DICE) #111

SethS said: View Post
    Similarly in Battlefront even after unlocking all weapons I still seem to get the most kills with the E11. There are some maps that work better with specific weapons, I hope for more of that in BF2.
    Yes, Even after unlocking all the weapons I get the most kills with the A280!