The MIST Spike TV Series Trailer

I didn't know this was in the works either?! I LOVED the movie!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimminy Christmas, can they stop with the "BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM" sound in trailers?!

Anyway, looks interesting. Not sold by the trailer (cliche sound effects aside), but I'm a sucker for Stephen King.

So watching the trailer. The mist isn't full of crazy monsters from a different demention? It makes it seem as the mist is basically a mist of LSD. Everyone said its messing with their heads n crap. Hmm I rather have the hidden monsters In the mist.

I remember thinking the same thing, but I believe at end it looks like the lady gets ripped away by some sort of monster. I think they're just trying to keep them under wraps until the show starts.

No monsters means no interest from me. Although, as mentioned they could just be keeping them under wraps for now. I am getting a bit of an Under the Dome vibe from the trailer, which isn't a good thing. The show was good for about one season and steadily fell apart when they tried to stretch out a limited time event.

Without a creature element this would just be an excuse for peter paranoid to come out and play with everybody's delusions, though that was also the case with the original story ,so I am guessing the effects work has yet to be completed. It was a great film, right up to the bloody ending which I hated. They could make this a very effective piece, much like "Stranger things" which also had so many Mist and King references in it

Premiered last night on Spike TV. I've not read the book so can not compare it to that. It has a bit of the movie vibe version from a few years ago. I enjoyed it. There are a few characters that are extremely cliché, but I'll follow along to see how it goes. Is it all psychological terror in the Mist or are there actual monsters out there? I'm hopping for the latter...

Only one good jump scare though...and a nice homage to Dr. Tongue!!!

i fell asleep twice on the pilot... the first airing was at 10pm, i feel asleep after we found out the girl was raped. woke up towards the end, not wanting to spoil anything i started channel surfing and found independence day. watched it until 11pm when the rerun of the pilot started and ill be damned i fell asleep around the same time... they grabbed the boyfriend at school is all i can remember...

i am going to attempt to watch it tonight if its on demand... but if i fall asleep again this isn't good for me lol

- - - Updated - - -

Premiered last night on Spike TV. I've not read the book so can not compare it to that. It has a bit of the movie vibe version from a few years ago. I enjoyed it. There are a few characters that are extremely cliché, but I'll follow along to see how it goes. Is it all psychological terror in the Mist or are there actual monsters out there? I'm hopping for the latter...

Only one good jump scare though...and a nice homage to Dr. Tongue!!!

i love that freak'n movie! that movie is usually the second movie i show a chick when bringing her over. first movie for all girls i bring over is leon the professional :cool

From what I've seen I don't think monsters are in it. It's much cheaper to go "Oooooh! The mist makes you *think* you see things!" than to actually have monsters.

I think they're going to slowly reveal the monsters in it. That's obviously just a personal opinion based off what I've seen but still. There were two scenes that basically showed there are actual creatures in the mist without actually showing them. One in the beginning and the other near the end. I could be wrong but I'm optimistic! :D

I just don't like how they introduced the characters. There is a bit of drama to be had though. And I didn't like the tiny insects attacking the cop. Out of all the things you got tiny cockroaches attacking? Show me something crazy! That was what interested me in the movie.

And how the bell was that lady screaming with her tongue hanging out and jaw missing...lol!

I've been steadily watching it on Netflix this week and I'm totally hooked. Like halliwax I thought that the beginning of the pilot was slow but once the mist rolled in the show got very interesting, very fast for me.

As for what's in the mist, it's definitely not purely hallucinatory or people going batty because people are able to see each other's manifestations. That and people are definitely dieing of more than just being scared to death. That first cop got his eyes eaten out of his socket, people are getting limbs torn, turned into what looks like burned husks, and all sorts of other gruesome things.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back