Passengers 1:1 Arthur - interested?

logan74k

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I'm on a bit of a Passengers kick after really digging the production design if not the ending, and I'm putting together a full scale Arthur. Nothing weird about that.

Michael-Sheen_Passengers-copy.jpg

Thinking to build him up with a warm smirk in the classic 'polishing a glass' pose. Built on a modified half mannequin base, he'll be a silicone head and hands with glass eyes and punched hairline/brows. Probably going to go with acrylic or ABS for the majority of the 'undercarriage' workings, and a few cast urethane pieces.

IMG_0682.jpg IMG_0672.JPG arthurwip1.jpg

He's about halfway through the expression posing right now - still have a bit of detailing before breaking the symmetry to finish posing and final detail. Mouth and eye wrinkles have the most punching up to endure yet. I plan to shrink the finished face inwards a smidge and do final skin texture in clay once the face output is grafted onto the mannequin head. I really like zbrush for matching likenesses thanks to the interface transparency feature, where I'm able to essentially trace the outlines of the subject from various angles to ensure the sculpt and its features are spot on.

If there's anyone out there who actually thinks this is a good idea, is experienced with silicone head castings (this will be my first) or even would like to help, please get in touch and maybe we can collaborate. If you've got a laser cutter and could help with the gears, lemme know. If you're reading this and thinking "Hey! I need a lifesize static Arthur and I would like to trade one for money" please step right up as well, I'd love to make more than one to offset the staggering costs!

Last edited:
Intrigued. I've done over 12 1:1 heads. My interest is piqued

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Reel - who do you like for good realistic eyes?

Seems I've found a nice quiet corner of the RPF, maybe I should be making Arthur props haha, or trying to sneak this under 'costumes' just for the jacket!

UPDATE - a bit more work on Arthur - still symmetrical. I'm looking forward to giving him all the character of the half smile and carving those deep eye wrinkles. Feel like I'm getting close on the likeness and everything I can do in symmetry.

arthurwip2.jpg

Last edited:
Some more refining on Arthur, finally got some detailing done. Seems like one more session and he'll be ready to breakdown for printing.

arthurwip5.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back