DIY Dredd flashbang

dmpsk8

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was about to gather some electronics for a flashbang build, but decided to whip up a little scratch-bult prototype first. Just to experiment with materials and bits involved. So, I gave myself 1 day to experiment, and got to work.

I found some cheap fishing bobbers that appear to be almost exactly the right size. At $1.50 (for 3), it was a cheap base to start from. They also had a center rib, making it easier chop in half.

So, I cut it in half and started fitting parts together. I used a leftover magnet for the top button, and built a little custom spring assembly for movement. I needed a bit more height on the spring assembly, so I shimmed with a few dimes. 30 cents lost, I know. I didn't have a red led housing, so I just used three small leds. Inside, it's weighted with an old socket at the bottom, and thus it stands ups once its own. The inner ring is PVC thread, filled and sanded.

Added some quick paint and weathering, and I'm pretty happy with the test. Makes for a nice little display piece to go with my lawgiver.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back