The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

I suspect the AS wheels would have the least interesting stories. After all, the Graflexes were used on press cameras:
"I took flash photos of Marilyn Monroe on the red carpet premier of "Some Like it Hot""

Likewise the Hales grenade:
"I was shot out of a some Tommy's rifle barrel over the Somme, landed in a field of poppies but didn't explode. Someone trampled me into the mud and 100 years later I was pulled out and sold to some guy on the RPF"

I suspect the AS wheels would have the least interesting stories. After all, the Graflexes were used on press cameras:
"I took flash photos of Marilyn Monroe on the red carpet premier of "Some Like it Hot""

Likewise the Hales grenade:
"I was shot out of a some Tommy's rifle barrel over the Somme, landed in a field of poppies but didn't explode. Someone trampled me into the mud and 100 years later I was pulled out and sold to some guy on the RPF"

Unsung heroes. just doing their jobs until they get old and decrepit and are summarily disposed of with all the other garbage...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Surely you're all forgetting the real hero:

The inanimate ROD

2Q==
o-CARBON-ROD-NUS-facebook.jpg

Well if only took 10 months but I’m finally able to add another real part to my saber:

d179c709610c061712dee41164955d54.jpg

As you can see it has some bubbling on the chrome and it’s a new rechromed one but maybe it can be redone. I’m just happy to only be two parts away from this.

Still looking for a grenade and a booster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I have a Cold one as well. GO BLUE!!
Do you have it drilled yet for the d-ring?

It’s already been drilled! It’s a replated Amber one but it will do until I find the correct one. And if I don’t well, vintage is vintage!

Thats pretty cool! Is there a way to incorporate the Graflex clamp, so you have all the main components represented?

Thats pretty cool! Is there a way to incorporate the Graflex clamp, so you have all the main components represented?

I had planned that to be where the "1" is now, but in outline I don't think it looks like anything much, so I left it out... maybe I will give it a try

So, wanting some feedback. I know there have been some logo designs for this thread, but I've had an idea in my mind for some time. I intended it as a "hipster" logo, but the final result I feel could make a cool military style patch. This is my first draft. Thoughts?

View attachment 807940

Love this! Minus the OB1, I don’t think it needs it

This would make a killer t shirt!

Here's version 2- I tend to think the transistor is too small to place in that spot. And if we make it larger its kind of inconsistent with the other components in the quarters which are all kind of the same size. WIP. Haven't discarded the first version. This is an alternate.

ob1_logo_3.jpg

Hey fezfox ! Looking good so far!

Though I actually like the OB 1 as reference, but not obvious "STAR WARS" branding, if you want to include the GRAFLEX clamp: do it in end profile and place it with the clamp arm ends pointing upwards and the lever on the right to help balance out the symmetry of the design.

Then take an outline drawing of the BUBBLE STRIP from a top view (a rectangle outline with 7 outline circles in it) and place it where the 1 is currently.

You could put two transistors in side profile on either side of the BUBBLE STRIP, but it'd probably end up looking too phallic, so just put them on the right side of the BUBBLE STRIP, one above the other like two top-hats.

You might even see what a D-ring looks like beneath those three with the straight edge of the D sitting horizontally towards the top.

It'd be cool to see OB 1 in Aurebesh somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey fezfox ! You snuck Version 2 in there while I was typing!

I'd still like to see the CLAMP, TRANSISTORS, and BUBBLE STRIP as separate items.

In Version 2, I'd take the OB and move it up slightly so that your mind can form a circle out of the logo and then put the 1 beneath it (centered between the O and B). I'd also move the CLAMP combo silhouette and move it down slightly, again to form a circle and balance the top and bottom of the design.

Looking forward to seeing more versions!

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back